Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I normally do AQA German and have done the speaking component a few weeks ago. Today when it came to the main exam, I was totally perplexed. The structure of the entire exam was different from the past exams I had been practising with. In hindsight, I now believe that I have sat an Edexcel paper instead. Does anyone know what will happen now?

ReputationRep:
    Probably contact your college or something.

Were you sharing a centre or something?

Sorry for the kind of useless advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougyjh)
    I normally do AQA German and have done the speaking component a few weeks ago. Today when it came to the main exam, I was totally perplexed. The structure of the entire exam was different from the past exams I had been practising with. In hindsight, I now believe that I have sat an Edexcel paper instead. Does anyone know what will happen now?
    Don't believe you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    Don't believe you
    This! lol

Can the content of this discussion seem familiar to you? The exam paper might have been a bit different from usual this year

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post55785373

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    This! lol

Can the content of this discussion seem familiar to you? The exam paper might have been a bit different from usual this year

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post55785373
    It's okay I've heard back from my head of sixth form now and it looks like I'm getting special consideration and will have to take the edexcel speaking test too, but thank you for the input! I'm kinda glad I'm not doing the AQA paper, the edexcel one seemed so much easier, only one stimulus for the essay and it was really easy and no cloze exercises!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's okay I've heard back from my head of sixth form now and it looks like I'm getting special consideration and will have to take the edexcel speaking test too, but thank you for the input! I'm kinda glad I'm not doing the AQA paper, the edexcel one seemed so much easier, only one stimulus for the essay and it was really easy and no cloze exercises!!!!
    Your sixth form is very strange 😛

ReputationRep:

How could you not recognise the exam paper was different though? It would've said EDEXCEL in big letters across the front of the paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    How could you not recognise the exam paper was different though? It would've said EDEXCEL in big letters across the front of the paper...
    PRSOM

And how is it even possible to have access to (let alone sit) an exam paper which you have not been entered for? :confused:

Anyway, OP might have enjoyed an easier AS paper, but Edexcel will have a nice Research Based Essay in store for them next year, if OP plans to take German on to A2 Unless, of course, they sit the wrong German paper again? xP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    People at some schools don't even know their boards to be honest. I asked a person what board she was taking econ with and she had to look her notes.

(Original post by thatitootoo)
    Anyway, OP might have enjoyed an easier AS paper, but Edexcel will have a nice Research Based Essay in store for them next year, if OP plans to take German on to A2 Unless, of course, they sit the wrong German paper again? xP
    He can just change the boards if need be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    People at some schools don't even know their boards to be honest. I asked a person what board she was taken econ with and she had to look her notes.

He can just change the boards if need be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always like mentally facepalm whenever I ask someone what board they are on and they don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crayolaguy)
    I always like mentally facepalm whenever I ask someone what board they are on and they don't know.
    So true. I don't even understand how this can actually happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wtaf this is rediculous

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.