Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you structure your essay for this question?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told us to not put an opening as you don't need one and you don't get marks for it. Use relevant terminology throughout and make sure you know what poems you want to do before answering. There is no set way to set it out but what we were taught if to focus on one poem (A01,2 and 3) and then link it to the next poem and so on as to not confuse the examiner but as long as you use relevant terminology and make sure you get in the A0s it doesn't really matter too much. Good luck tomorrow (sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm on mobile)

ReputationRep:
    hey do you think i will be allowed to bring in some blank post-it notes just to keep pages in the books? this would really help and i don't see anything wrong with it but i just want and opinion

ReputationRep:
    Just have them in your hand and ask an invigilator when you go into the exam and just put them into your bag if they say no. No harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayb14)
    My teacher told us to not put an opening as you don't need one and you don't get marks for it. Use relevant terminology throughout and make sure you know what poems you want to do before answering. There is no set way to set it out but what we were taught if to focus on one poem (A01,2 and 3) and then link it to the next poem and so on as to not confuse the examiner but as long as you use relevant terminology and make sure you get in the A0s it doesn't really matter too much. Good luck tomorrow (sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm on mobile)
    Oh okay, that sounds good. Do you only analyse one Hughes poem?

ReputationRep:
    How did u guys find the question... I did nature wbu

ReputationRep:
    I did nature too Which poems did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    I did wuthering heights and full fathom five- compared how she uses nature to describe her father and wind for Hughes
    how about you?
    what was the other option- something about darkness? I didnt bother to read it

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool, I did Wuthering Heights and Ariel, and for Hughes Emily Bronte and The Day He Died. Yeah something like that - I just saw nature and didn't look at anything else!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2015

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.