The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Two different papers.One = P3 , another = Furth. additional , don't worry .
Original post by MrTechGamer
Two different papers.One = P3 , another = Furth. additional , don't worry .

There the same thing. Core science is P1, additional is P2 and further additional is P3
Reply 483
Original post by neil20143
I have it as 1/2000 mass :frown: Oh well, it's still close, so hopefully they will give me the benefit of the doubt!

In the aqa revision guide it says 1/2000, which is what i put as well.
Original post by marldor
There the same thing. Core science is P1, additional is P2 and further additional is P3

They are slightly different I think. I think you get a separate grade for each paper if you do the stand alone science papers (FAS3HP etc.)
Original post by neza99
In the aqa revision guide it says 1/2000, which is what i put as well.

I said virtually no mass then wrote 1/2000 , they must have some mass !
I didn't mention protons having a +1 charge, neutrons having a charge of 0 and electrons having a -1 charge in the 6 marker. Instead I just said that protons have a positive charge, neutrons are neutral (should have said no charge) and electrons have a negative charge. Would I still get the marks for that?
Reply 487
What did people get on the empirical formula question on p2? I got pb2o3
Original post by Khank
What did people get on the empirical formula question on p2? I got pb2o3

You mean C2, and yeah I got that too. It's right aswell
Reply 489
Original post by RadonGhost
You mean C2, and yeah I got that too. It's right aswell

Oh yh c2 lol ! Yh that's good! Was that 4 marks?
Original post by Khank
Oh yh c2 lol ! Yh that's good! Was that 4 marks?

Yeah I think so
Original post by MrTechGamer
I said virtually no mass then wrote 1/2000 , they must have some mass !

I wrote same. Have u lot revised for p1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asad_2015
I wrote same. Have u lot revised for p1

Posted from TSR Mobile

theres no point, its basic. Everything we do in p2 and p3 is based from our p1 stuff, so its basic.
Original post by marldor
theres no point, its basic. Everything we do in p2 and p3 is based from our p1 stuff, so its basic.

Lol :redface: I shud try it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
I'm a little confused on how the AQA GCSE Science Triple Award Works...I know you get the Averages of B1, C1 and P1 - Core Science, B2, C2 and P2 - Additional Science, and B3, C3 and P3 for Further Additional science.
Do you ALSO get averages for B1, B2 and B3 - Biology, C1, C2 and C3 - for Chemistry and P1, P2 and P3 - Physics?
Is this correct or is it JUST Core, Additional and Further Additional?
I hope this makes sense!
Thanks
Original post by zc555
I'm a little confused on how the AQA GCSE Science Triple Award Works...I know you get the Averages of B1, C1 and P1 - Core Science, B2, C2 and P2 - Additional Science, and B3, C3 and P3 for Further Additional science.
Do you ALSO get averages for B1, B2 and B3 - Biology, C1, C2 and C3 - for Chemistry and P1, P2 and P3 - Physics?
Is this correct or is it JUST Core, Additional and Further Additional?
I hope this makes sense!
Thanks

Physics grade - P1 + P2 + P3 + ISA ---> 400 ums
Biology grade - B1 + B2 + B3 + ISA---> 400 ums
Chemistry grade - C1 + C2 + C3 + ISA---> 400 ums
Reply 496
Original post by marldor
Physics grade - P1 + P2 + P3 + ISA ---> 400 ums
Biology grade - B1 + B2 + B3 + ISA---> 400 ums
Chemistry grade - C1 + C2 + C3 + ISA---> 400 ums

Thanks, but I did Additional Science last year and Core and Futher Additional this year. Will I still get what you said above?
Original post by zc555
Thanks, but I did Additional Science last year and Core and Futher Additional this year. Will I still get what you said above?

Not what I said, You would get 3 gcses but they will be core, additional, and further additional. triple science requires you to do them in the same exam series, as core and additonal and further additional for each science will be combined.
Reply 498
Original post by marldor
Not what I said, You would get 3 gcses but they will be core, additional, and further additional. triple science requires you to do them in the same exam series, as core and additonal and further additional for each science will be combined.

Ah I see! Thank you for your help! :smile:
Original post by tryrevise
I have a terrible physics teacher so need to do loads of revision despite having 4 other exams that week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye i had a terrible teacher who wasnt here for year 10. The exam was horrible p3, i only knew about 5% of it. Lets hope P1 is better ....

Quick Reply

Latest