leanne_96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, i applied for various uni courses and received a conditional offer, the conditions are that I get 12 distinctions and 6 merits on my btec, however last year I got 2 passes but these were shown on my application form, does this mean they are willing to accept them ?
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leanne_96)
Hi, i applied for various uni courses and received a conditional offer, the conditions are that I get 12 distinctions and 6 merits on my btec, however last year I got 2 passes but these were shown on my application form, does this mean they are willing to accept them ?
Are you still able to get 12 distinctions and 6 merits?

If you aren't and the uni have given you an impossible offer, you need to contact them and make them aware of this ASAP.

If you can still get the grades, your 2 passes won't count towards your offer, but the uni doesn't mind that you have them, and having them won't stop you achieving your offer.
leanne_96
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=SlowlorisIncognito;5579902 9]Are you still able to get 12 distinctions and 6 merits?

If you aren't and the uni have given you an impossible offer, you need to contact them and make them aware of this ASAP.
They were aware that these grades were completed last year because the qualification date was June 2014 and they know that in total I am completing 18 units, I will contact them tomorrow to make the aware !
SlowlorisIncognito
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They were aware that these grades were completed last year because the qualification date was June 2014 and they know that in total I am completing 18 units, I will contact them tomorrow to make the aware !
It sounds very much like they have made a mistake with the conditions of your offer- unis don't aim to give out unachievable offers. Definitely contact them tomorrow, and hopefully you can sort everything out.
leanne_96
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
It sounds very much like they have made a mistake with the conditions of your offer- unis don't aim to give out unachievable offers. Definitely contact them tomorrow, and hopefully you can sort everything out.
Could it have been that they didn't look at my grades from last year? From looking at their site it says, where offers are made the likely requirements would be 12 distinctions and 6 merits, does this mean that they will take less? anyway thanks for helping, i will ring tomorrow and see what they say
SlowlorisIncognito
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could it have been that they didn't look at my grades from last year? From looking at their site it says, where offers are made the likely requirements would be 12 distinctions and 6 merits, does this mean that they will take less? anyway thanks for helping, i will ring tomorrow and see what they say
It's possible that your application wasn't looked at properly, or just that whoever produced your offer just made a mistake. I wouldn't worry about the mistake too much. Hopefully, as this was their mistake, the uni will amend their offer and accept less in your circumstances.
leanne_96
Rep:
?
It's possible that your application wasn't looked at properly, or just that whoever produced your offer just made a mistake. I wouldn't worry about the mistake too much. Hopefully, as this was their mistake, the uni will amend their offer and accept less in your circumstances.
Fingers crossed, hopefully they wont withdraw the offer, but have a back up offer anyway, thanks for the help
SlowlorisIncognito
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fingers crossed, hopefully they wont withdraw the offer, but have a back up offer anyway, thanks for the help
It's really very unlikely they'll withdraw your offer now so hopefully you get a good outcome
leanne_96
Rep:
?
It's really very unlikely they'll withdraw your offer now so hopefully you get a good outcome
i was just calculating my grades up there and I can achieve 14 distinctions, 3 merits and 2 passes, so maybe the 2 extra distinctions can make up for the passes
SlowlorisIncognito
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i was just calculating my grades up there and I can achieve 14 distinctions, 3 merits and 2 passes, so maybe the 2 extra distinctions can make up for the passes
In this circumstance, I believe the uni could still reject you, though it would be unlikely, as you technically wouldn't have met your offer and wouldn't have all 18 grades at merit or above.

Unis obviously do have some discretion on this, and I think it would be unlikely the uni would reject you if you got those results. This also might be worth discussing with the uni.
leanne_96
Rep:
?
In this circumstance, I believe the uni could still reject you, though it would be unlikely, as you technically wouldn't have met your offer and wouldn't have all 18 grades at merit or above.

Unis obviously do have some discretion on this, and I think it would be unlikely the uni would reject you if you got those results. This also might be worth discussing with the uni.
Have decided not to take this offer anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (179)
61.51%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.12%
No- I want it (78)
26.8%
No- I don't want it (22)