The Student Room Group

What can you do if your bad grades are caused by a bad teacher

Today my A2 history class got back our grades for what our teacher had marked our coursework as. Only 6 of us were there and the marks were: an A, a B, a D, an E and two Us.

The person who got an A is resitting history so this is his second year doing it. But I don't think that there is any way that all of the class can have done this badly without it being due to a problem with the way it was taught. Is there anything that can be done? Doesn't seem fair that so many people's grades are going to suffer due to bad teaching...

The reality is that the majority of people have tried really hard and done a lot of work for it, only to be disappointed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Truth is uni work is harder and students don't even really have a teacher. But they tend to do fine. I don't think teaching ever really is the limiting factor but students work ethic and ability. I have had some bad teachers and my grades were worse in those classes but I can also say that I didnt work hard because the teacher was bad... My fault at the end of the day I think.
Reply 2
Unfortunately, blaming your teacher isn't something you can do when you're applying for university or work placements even if they do actually suck. You're going to have to put in more independent work to compensate.

You can complain but the most that will achieve is get the teacher sacked if they are incompetent, leaving you hanging until the school finds a new one.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending