Turn on thread page Beta

Repeating second year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm currently in my second year at university. I have had a history of depression in the past but in the past year I have developed quite severe anxiety and it has affected my studies massively. It's gotten to the point where I can't even go into university and have absolutely no motivation to work. My results from January were terrible because of this and even though I passed, the results were by no means what I'm capable of. I walked out of 3/4 exams due to the anxiety. I have only recently gone to my GP and attempted to get some help for it. I don't know why I haven't attempted to do anything sooner but it's gotten to the point where I'm too nervous to even go into the uni library.. I don't think I will be able to attend the exams in the next 2 weeks due to my current health. I will be able to get mitigating circumstances for this term and have the opportunity to resit in August but the fact I have these results from January hanging over me is completely putting me off. Due to my problems my attendance has been literally non existent and I'm concerned that the uni will think I'm just too lazy to do anything. I'm hoping that I will be able to sort my head out abit over the summer and maybe start the year fresh. Is it possible to repeat an entire year with attendance? Even if I passed the year and could get in next year I don't think I would be able to go through with third year.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I failed a unit of my second year, for similar reasons, and redid that unit, which was another year basically except without the other units I had passed. Now I'm in my proper third year.

Personally, I was more more concerned with finding someone to live with, because my second and third years I spent with my friend and his coursemarte but thankfully this year a first year flatmate had done year's placement so I found a house with him.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just read you post and was wondering what the outcome was in the end and if you were able to repeat the year?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.