Turn on thread page Beta

There is this girl in my sixth form who doesn't seem to have any friends. It's not that she is bullied or anything people just seem to ignore everything she says and I feel kind of bad for her especially when she keeps on talking even when no one is listening. I do feel sympathy for her but the reason no one speaks to her is because what she says is largely irrelevant to the conversation. Furthermore if I speak to her she may follow me around and 'latch on to me' as she has been known to do with other groups. Don't get me wrong I do feel bad for her but I don't particularly want to hang out with her either. What should I do here?

ReputationRep:
    why don't you want to hang with her? You may get to know her and she may seem really nice.
    Give it a shot !

ReputationRep:
    ^What lizziecr said.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is this girl in my sixth form who doesn't seem to have any friends. It's not that she is bullied or anything people just seem to ignore everything she says and I feel kind of bad for her especially when she keeps on talking even when no one is listening. I do feel sympathy for her but the reason no one speaks to her is because what she says is largely irrelevant to the conversation. Furthermore if I speak to her she may follow me around and 'latch on to me' as she has been known to do with other groups. Don't get me wrong I do feel bad for her but I don't particularly want to hang out with her either. What should I do here?
    It depends.
    It would be a nice thing for you to do.
    But on the other hand if you know the out come and she is just going to be annoying and weird then just leave it.

It's hard for people to think about it from her position because she probably thinks the other groups want to hang out with her but then maybe the groups don't care much for her so then it just looks weird.

It's totally down to you and the situation/her personality whether you what to form some sort of friendship with this person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.