Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I understand that a dissertation is worth 60credits which is one third of a whole masters degree which is technically a pgcert.

I know its possible to get a pgcert from doing the first 60credits of a masters degree but is it possible to get one from just doing the dissertation?

The reason I ask is because I like doing dissertations and I want to teach in FE and to broaden the subjects I cam teach I'd like to see if I could be (for example) pgcert sociology or pgcert history or whatever. I figure this would also allow me to embrace the pleasure of study without the full masters price tag.

I'm hoping that also the self study nature of a masters dissertation (currently doing my second) would provide me to study with a uni even if I'm not local to it.

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.