Turn on thread page Beta

Most ridiculous thing you've read on TSR watch

ReputationRep:
    The amount of times I come across the most ridiculous comments on this website is... well it's ridiculous. I'd be rich if I had a penny for every dumb/idiotic comment I read on here.

Let's highlight some of our personal favourite dumb comments.

I read that you're a failure if you don't do a STEM degree. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Social groups guy?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the longer I'm here/the older I get, the more ridiculous a lot of the posts/threads on here seem to be. Either I'm maturing or the younger generation are idiots, hopefully just the former. I think avoiding 'debate & current affairs' helps.

ReputationRep:
    That white privilege thread

ReputationRep:
    Some 12 year old Christian, on the Religion forum, critiquing the beliefs of Islam... even though Christians share that same belief

ReputationRep:
    Hitler would go to heaven over Mandela if the former was Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Something about there being Alpha/Beta males.

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of ridiculous stuff. How am I supposed to choose the most ridiculous one?

Unfortunately, a lot of the ridiculous stuff is on threads which later got deleted.

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread holding a competition where the person who can stop masturbating for the longest wins lol

ReputationRep:
    This is today's ridiculous thread:

"The hypocrisy of atheists is a disgrace?"

ReputationRep:
    'The UK should adopt full sharia law'

ReputationRep:
    That feminism is outdated in the west. Unbelievable. That and non-feminist women that reap the benefits that feminism provided for them like their right to vote. Disgraceful, disloyal and backboneless.

ReputationRep:
    Don't underestimate how many trolls are out there though. They will say anything to hook their audience :lol:

But some are ridiculous, yes.
    Alpha and beta crap I read a lot about. Sometimes paragraphs upon paragraphs of some guy posting utter tosh. I've answered a few, if you wanna stalk my posts and find them haha also the lots of bitter posts from butthurt guys about women only wanting money blah blah blah
    This person I replied to the other day generalising that all people who are a part of the mtv generation are dumb and useless (was sure this wasn't a troll)
    Basically just proper ignorant comments and you just have to hope they're still young and will hopefully change their view one day :rolleyes: xx

ReputationRep:
    Lol I remember this guy called Bassetts. Nuff said.

How time passes by.....:moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.