Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there everyone!

I'm hoping to start for all things Jazz. So that's Jazz, Fusion, Soul, Funk and everything else which will want to make you sit back and relax or get up and dance.

Feel free to discuss or share your favourite songs.

I'll start off with one of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me very much of one of my favourites - Round Midnight by Thelonius Monk.

https://youtu.be/IKayR1oqC7w
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I really started to get into Jazz last year, or rather Gypsy Jazz - Django Reinhardt, David Reinhardt, Babik Reinhardt, Rosenberg Trio, Romane, Tchalvo Schmitt, Stochelo Rosenberg, Angelo DeBarre, Martin Taylor and Frank Vignola.

I did try to get into Heavy Metal Jazz; but tit just sounds weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I really started to get into Jazz last year, or rather Gypsy Jazz - Django Reinhardt, David Reinhardt, Babik Reinhardt, Rosenberg Trio, Romane, Tchalvo Schmitt, Stochelo Rosenberg, Angelo DeBarre, Martin Taylor and Frank Vignola.I did try to get into Heavy Metal Jazz; but tit just sounds weird!
    You may love Estradasphere.
    They also do a bit of heavy metal, but it's mostly Klezmer Jazz, check out those crazy time signitures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_M-Lw4_Bfo

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A great classic!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.