Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you want me to answer any questions from the exam I can try. I found C2 easier so I can answer those questions better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExamAreChilling)
    If you want me to answer any questions from the exam I can try. I found C2 easier so I can answer those questions better
    In the C2 paper: "Metal oxides react with acids to make salts. What type of compound is this?" Would an "ionic compound" be correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N eye C)
    In the C2 paper: "Metal oxides react with acids to make salts. What type of compound is this?" Would an "ionic compound" be correct?
    that's what i got

ReputationRep:
    So gutted. On C3 I put ethanoate instead of ethyl ethanoate. I also put carboxyllic acid catalyst instead of just acid and the drawing activation energy I did it right then rubbed it out and put it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    On the C2 - Ethical reasons why iodine should not be used with sodium chloride (in food)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarStarStar2)
    On the C2 - Ethical reasons why iodine should not be used with sodium chloride (in food)?
    People should be given a choice
    Too much iodine can cause poisoning

ReputationRep:
    What was the gas produced when ethanol is oxidised to ethanoic acid ?

ReputationRep:
    Would I get a mark if for the first question I said increasing the temp increases the rate of reaction TO AN EXTENT
    and my justification was at (x) seconds they both reach the same volume of gas/????

ReputationRep:
    would I get marks for putting the names of the elements instead of their symbols for the first page of C3??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veltex)
    would I get marks for putting the names of the elements instead of their symbols for the first page of C3??
    Most likely, it would probably be in the accept column

ReputationRep:
    the first page with the symbols was easy,

Fe was in the same column as non-metals

Needed to leave gaps so the elements would be in the column of elements it had similar properties to

alcohols used as a fuel and a solvent

with sodium release hydrogen gas

oxidation makes ethanoic acid from ethanol

The activation energy is the peak, increasing temperature means that forward reaction increases to take in extra heat energy to try and restore equilibrium conditions

When pressure increased in the Haber process more percentage yield of ammonia because less moles created by the forward reaction

The 6 marker, just describe the two and some disadvantages could include like the washing soda is cheap to do. Ion exchange column needs to be replaced with new ions now and then but doesn't require stirring or filteration???

That 5 mark one man......but maybe with the adding volumes one you could redo with approx volume at smaller intervals for accurate values to get a mean and for the other one the mass balances are quite accurate which is pretty top notch?????? i cant remember anything else...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for late response but I have linked mark scheme and paper for C2 :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327991 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327571

ReputationRep:
    I said a base

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmavh99)
    So gutted. On C3 I put ethanoate instead of ethyl ethanoate. I also put carboxyllic acid catalyst instead of just acid and the drawing activation energy I did it right then rubbed it out and put it wrong.
    i put a specific catalyst for that in my textbook and i put down concentrated sulfuric acid catalyst is that fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankit.B)
    i put a specific catalyst for that in my textbook and i put down concentrated sulfuric acid catalyst is that fine?
    Yes that would get the markerino 8)

ReputationRep:
    i put oxidation reation

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 55x4.2x14= 3234 for Chemistry C3?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    The last question really confused me i would have thought extra sodium hydoxide (or whatever it was would have increased the overall temperature change as in the end adding more acid (or whatever it was) stopped having affect suggesting more sodium hydroxide was needed to continue the reaction??
    thanks

(this was c3)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    The last question really confused me i would have thought extra sodium hydoxide (or whatever it was would have increased the overall temperature change as in the end adding more acid (or whatever it was) stopped having affect suggesting more sodium hydroxide was needed to continue the reaction??
    thanks

(this was c3)
    not sure if i sent this twice by accident casues im not sure if the previous one sent, if so sorry :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10eluke)
    Hi,
    thanks

(this was c3)
    not sure if i sent this twice by accident casues im not sure if the previous one sent, if so sorry :/

All of the sodium hydroxide had reacted so the reaction finished therefore there is no change in the temperature

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 4, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.