Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so today I sat my AQA Chemistry Unit 3 exam and it was AWFUL. I barely knew half the paper and I know I did terrible.

When I was in year 10 I should've sat my chemistry exams, however I was off ill for most of year 10 so my teachers thought it would be better for me to relearn the stuff and do it this year with the rest of my exams. Because of this I've never been taught chemistry and had to teach it all to myself and this means that i've had to cut corners to try and learn everything. I barely revised one of the units of the exam, organic chemistry, because I got told it barely came up. But on this exam, there was a two page spread on none other than organic chemistry, the thing I had done almost no revision for. I think i got about 5 marks out of 15 of that page but I also did terrible on the rest of the paper as the stuff I revised didn't even come up.

In my Chemistry Unit 2 test I also sat today I think I did quite well, getting maybe a top B or an A. But on my C3 I think I got about 34/35, which is a C or a B depending on the years mark scheme. I got an A* on my coursework and I still have the unit 1 test to do.
    I want to do chemistry at college but to do so need a minimum if a B, so here's my question.

Given I did awful on one of the tests, is it still possible for me to get an overall B or above in chemistry, baring in mind I still have the unit 1 test?

Thanks,

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.