Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking Maths, Biology, Law and Psychology at AS Level. My targets are As, but I'm honestly expecting U, E, C, B respectively. I've been completely unmotivated all year and have hardly done any work in class or revised, so I know that I could do a lot better.

I want to study Law at University - they ask for BBC. If I can find a college willing to accept me so late in the year, should I retake AS Levels next year? (If I did, I'd change my subjects to Psychology, Law, German and Textiles)

I'm getting really stressed about this because I feel like a disappointment to my parents. Also, I'm really beating myself up about it because I know that, by far, I haven't tried my best.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar position to you last year. And my AS results weren't great. However I stayed on to do Maths, Sociology and Psychology.
    I'm retaking 2 maths and 2 sociology papers. And althought they aren't the same as yours. The AS papers seem so much easier now and it will be much easier to get a high grade.
    I did Maths C1 and C2 last year and got a D and E. But this year, without doing much revision (apart from the A2 maths classes) I managed to get 2 A's in the mock exams.
    So, its completely up to you but if you are willing to work harder next year, it is quite easy to get really good grades in the AS re-sits.
    Hope that helped a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing AS wjec geology? Any question predictions? God human stuff bores me but i love the physical side of both geography and geology.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to enjoy your subjects as well, so if you don't like the ones your doing now (and as you said, would change if you decided to retake) then perhaps retaking would be the best option; these aren't just 2 awful years to muddle through something you hate before you go to university! My AS results weren't quite what I'd hoped but I retook everything in the second year along with A2s and got AAA - because I enjoyed my subjects. Just go with what makes you happy and you will end up where you should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllyAylwen)
    You've got to enjoy your subjects as well, so if you don't like the ones your doing now (and as you said, would change if you decided to retake) then perhaps retaking would be the best option; these aren't just 2 awful years to muddle through something you hate before you go to university! My AS results weren't quite what I'd hoped but I retook everything in the second year along with A2s and got AAA - because I enjoyed my subjects. Just go with what makes you happy and you will end up where you should be

Hm, I think I'm going to retake. Thank you!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.