Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 24 (going to be 25 in July)

Providing I am successful at my PGCE Interview.

I will have to move from London to Devon.

I will be 25 when the course starts in September.

I would at this point be away from my mother.

Would I be entitled to the maximum maintenance grant? If so, how much would that be?

I am not 100% sure how much the rent would be (maybe about £300-£400 including bills) The training provider doesn't offer accommodation.

Will be a big move for me, being away from London and family.

I would need a bit of money when I am in Devon.

How much would I get approximately?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Probably between 7-8k in a mix of loans and grants from student finance. On top of that, if your subject has a department of education bursary then you'll get that. For example, a primary trainee with a 2:1 would get 4k split into 10 monthly payments. A maths trainee with a 1st would get considerably more as their training bursary, because there's more of a shortage of maths teachers.

The he dfe website has details of the current bursary offering.

ReputationRep:
    Okay,

Well I am Drama. So, I don't believe I would get the special educational bursaries.

I'd probably get grant of some type.

(Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Probably between 7-8k in a mix of loans and grants from student finance. On top of that, if your subject has a department of education bursary then you'll get that. For example, a primary trainee with a 2:1 would get 4k split into 10 monthly payments. A maths trainee with a 1st would get considerably more as their training bursary, because there's more of a shortage of maths teachers.

The he dfe website has details of the current bursary offering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    I am 24 (going to be 25 in July)

Providing I am successful at my PGCE Interview.

I will have to move from London to Devon.

I will be 25 when the course starts in September.

I would at this point be away from my mother.

Would I be entitled to the maximum maintenance grant? If so, how much would that be?

I am not 100% sure how much the rent would be (maybe about £300-£400 including bills) The training provider doesn't offer accommodation.

Will be a big move for me, being away from London and family.

I would need a bit of money when I am in Devon.

How much would I get approximately?

Thanks.
    Assuming your 25 by the 1st September you will be automatically entitled to the full student finance amount without having to provide your parents financial information. Trainee Lyndsays estimate sounds about right. Your right there are no bursaries for Drama. Your university may also offer low income bursaries to PGCE students too.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

By the way, do you know how the PGCE Audit works at an interview?

Thanks.

(Original post by jelly1000)
    Assuming your 25 by the 1st September you will be automatically entitled to the full student finance amount without having to provide your parents financial information. Trainee Lyndsays estimate sounds about right. Your right there are no bursaries for Drama. Your university may also offer low income bursaries to PGCE students too.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.