Please reduce the grade boundaries
    (Original post by sumi99)
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...sociology-exam

PLEASE SHARE TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumi99)

GCSE's are getting more rigorous. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    They did add 2 a level terms in the exam, however, considering 99.9% of the country failed those questions, the grade boundaries are clearly going to be lower so no need for petitions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User1654729)

Sociology was very hard!!

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please tells what the problem is, what the two a-level terms were?

Because I say those two exams and they were simple, and I felt the AQA had given is a fairly easy exam. There was not one term which I struggled with.

Yes they changed the structure of the paper but I felt the changed it for the better. Taking away the answer booklets and giving us Rick box questions is easier.

Okay, I didn't do the power unit, so maybe it was in there but AQA is my favourite exam board and as far as I'm concerned there was nothing wrong with that paper.

I'm not gonn lie, I do have an amazing teacher and I am expecting an A* but I just learnt the full GCSE course. I didn't do much higher reading and any I did wouldn't have made much of a difference to the questions we were given.

Do can someone fill me in please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barns.styles)
    Can somebody please tells what the problem is, what the two a-level terms were?

Because I say those two exams and they were simple, and I felt the AQA had given is a fairly easy exam. There was not one term which I struggled with.

Yes they changed the structure of the paper but I felt the changed it for the better. Taking away the answer booklets and giving us Rick box questions is easier.

Okay, I didn't do the power unit, so maybe it was in there but AQA is my favourite exam board and as far as I'm concerned there was nothing wrong with that paper.

I'm not gonn lie, I do have an amazing teacher and I am expecting an A* but I just learnt the full GCSE course. I didn't do much higher reading and any I did wouldn't have made much of a difference to the questions we were given.

Do can someone fill me in please?
    Anomie and content analysis were the a-level terms.
    they are on the AQA glossary sheet however it was not on the specification; and teachers get a whole guide of key terms that students need to learn it wasn't on there. (thank god is still knew them)

however having a petition is kinda childish, considering 99.9% of the students failed those 2 questions; the grade boundaries will be dropped... no need for petitions...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly ^^

Grade boundaries are automatically adjusted so that the same % of students get the top grades each year.
    Petitioning is dumb in this case.

ReputationRep:
    anal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.