The Student Room Group

Need guy advice

Hey guys, I'm having troubles with a guy so turn to you wise and wonderful people for advice.

We first met at a party about a year ago and we seemed to hit it off really well. Exchanged numbers and chatted ever since.

I travelled for this party so there's about a 1-2 hour journey between us. He is a doctor and I work shifts and we basically never seemed to have the same weekend off. In January we went through both calendars and May 9th weekend was the first one we both had the same day off so we arranged to meet then. I think I put too many eggs in one basket and got way too excited about this date, I was really interested in this guy. We have similar tastes in music and general stuff.

However 2 days before we were supposed to meet he cancelled. Said that he had forgotton he told his friend doing a PhD he could stay with him and he felt terrible etc etc. I got pretty angry and upset, and during that argument he said he was free all week, I should come and see him then, but I just sort of ignored that offer during my rant.

The next few days he seemed upset aswell and I sent him a message, he replied that he hadn't slept in 30 hours and work was stressful. I thought it was because I got so angry and quite rude so went I to full apologetic mode, it was my fault for getting too excited etc etc.. But it turns out he had just come off a night shift and went to a party with the nurses, nothing to do with being upset.

Had a good chat a few days ago and things seemed alright again, a little bit walking on eggshells. So I said I was free the rest of the week name a day and we can meet up. Since then, nothing. He hasn't replied, it's on whatsapp so I can see he's read it.. Just ignoring me, it's been nearly 2 days since that message.

I basically think this guy is stringing me along, should I just block his number and not talk to him, send him another message.. Wait till he responds? I was really excited about this guy... In the 8 months build up I developed strong feelings for him, and now they seem shattered.

Thanks for any advice :smile:
I would say if you've devoted this much time into somebody then you deserve to meet up. He may have read the message and then checked for dates before he replied and completeh forgot about the message (I've done that a fair few times :/). But it depends on you, if you don't feel like you mean anything to him then don't bother or if you feel like he's worth it give it a go. You can always walk away in the future if you feel its not best for you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Honestly love, hes probably not interesado, but I am!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I'm having troubles with a guy so turn to you wise and wonderful people for advice.

We first met at a party about a year ago and we seemed to hit it off really well. Exchanged numbers and chatted ever since.

I travelled for this party so there's about a 1-2 hour journey between us. He is a doctor and I work shifts and we basically never seemed to have the same weekend off. In January we went through both calendars and May 9th weekend was the first one we both had the same day off so we arranged to meet then. I think I put too many eggs in one basket and got way too excited about this date, I was really interested in this guy. We have similar tastes in music and general stuff.

However 2 days before we were supposed to meet he cancelled. Said that he had forgotton he told his friend doing a PhD he could stay with him and he felt terrible etc etc. I got pretty angry and upset, and during that argument he said he was free all week, I should come and see him then, but I just sort of ignored that offer during my rant.

The next few days he seemed upset aswell and I sent him a message, he replied that he hadn't slept in 30 hours and work was stressful. I thought it was because I got so angry and quite rude so went I to full apologetic mode, it was my fault for getting too excited etc etc.. But it turns out he had just come off a night shift and went to a party with the nurses, nothing to do with being upset.

Had a good chat a few days ago and things seemed alright again, a little bit walking on eggshells. So I said I was free the rest of the week name a day and we can meet up. Since then, nothing. He hasn't replied, it's on whatsapp so I can see he's read it.. Just ignoring me, it's been nearly 2 days since that message.

I basically think this guy is stringing me along, should I just block his number and not talk to him, send him another message.. Wait till he responds? I was really excited about this guy... In the 8 months build up I developed strong feelings for him, and now they seem shattered.

Truth is if a guy wants you he'll make it known to you. if you're messaging this guy and he's ignoring it, then he's probably not interested.
Reply 4
He's probably banging one of the nurses
hes not interested, trust, if he cared he would of replied asap.
Original post by Anonymous

it sounds like he is kind of encouraging something that isn't there, thats a while to not meet up maybe at the start the feeling was there and you both were interested, but its hard to keep that alive without seeing each other.
it sounds like
-work is more important
-the effort is not being returned
- he is going and partying with other girls

its not attractive and it sounds like you could do so so much better I would block him give him a taste of his own medicine and move on, to someone that wants to talk to you, meet up, and wants to make you happy! :frown:
Reply 7
I agree with Ellietaylor.. you have tried to meet up and pre arranged to go over to his, so your interest has been more than enough if anything (what about his intentions? He needs to make it up). Best to leave it completely no contact and see if he makes a similar effort by himself but it already shows discouraging signs cancelling and what not sorry. I know its hard but trust me if he was interested he would make enough time each week or few weeks around his studies, I have seen close friends who are at medical school do it ! That's what I would do anyway, you know yourself that you would make it work if it was you on the receiving end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending