Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Sorry for the sobby post ahaha

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely the worst time of my life.

Up until I almost had sex with a teacher

Only joking hahaha

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think I'll miss it to be honest. School was always just a whirl of arbitrary bitterness tbh.

Glad I'm moving to greener pastures.

ReputationRep:
    God no. School has been a whirlwind of negativity that has caused such a ****ty impact on myself as a person and my future. I will be more than happy when I never have to even look in the direction of that hell hole again. OP is very lucky to have such positive memories of high school, cherish them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. These past 5 years have been the worst of my life. I'll be so happy when I can wake up and not have a million things to worry about and not have to see all the people I hate again.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Quite interesting. I left 2 years ago and partially miss it. Now finishing my time at a huge sixth form... It isn't the same. Something very unique and special about school. Probably why I may be working in my old school next year. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    That day was the worst day of my life.

Everything went 100-0 real quick.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    No absolutely not! but then again this what i say now who knows i'll probably miss school 2 years down the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Sorry for the sobby post ahaha
    Everyone who says they won't miss school is either lying to try and sound cool, or don't understand how school is the best time of your life.

I said I would never miss school, how could I? Crap food, forced to do subjects I have no interest in, crappy teachers, what is TO LIKE?

And then I went to work, now in uni and realize, like my sister, brother, mother, father and EVERY adult in my life told me while i was at school, "School is the best time of your life I promise you" They were RIGHT. I never believed them, but they were so right. School is the best time of your life, and you won't realize it for 5 maybe 10 years.

Welcome to the real world now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack182)
    Everyone who says they won't miss school is either lying to try and sound cool, or don't understand how school is the best time of your life.

I said I would never miss school, how could I? Crap food, forced to do subjects I have no interest in, crappy teachers, what is TO LIKE?

And then I went to work, now in uni and realize, like my sister, brother, mother, father and EVERY adult in my life told me while i was at school, "School is the best time of your life I promise you" They were RIGHT. I never believed them, but they were so right. School is the best time of your life, and you won't realize it for 5 maybe 10 years.

Welcome to the real world now!
    thats what my family and everyone who isn't in school anymore is telling me now and theres a little part of me that knows they are right :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.M.)
    thats what my family and everyone who isn't in school anymore is telling me now and theres a little part of me that knows they are right :/
    School is the best part of life, but there's still plenty more for you to experience, so don't worry too much Life is what you make it.... !

Uni is awesome too, like school but you don't HAVE to go to lectures... Although I recommend going, and if you live in the uni it's literally the most weird/best experience I've had so far, besides the first 2 weeks all i done was drink and my liver started to hurt Sorry if my first comment seemed a bit daunting, but sadly it's true! School is the best time but life there's plenty more to experience and see

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to my school's sixth form, so I don't think I'll miss it that much. I'll still see some of the teachers and lots of people are staying on at the sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Totally. And I knew I was going to miss it as well. I had the best time ever in school. Those were the days...

I don't think I ever hated school to be honest, not even on exam days.

ReputationRep:
    won't miss it one bit. that five years has been the worst of my life and i'm glad to finally get out of it

ReputationRep:
    I'm a year 13 leaver and I will not miss sixth form. I have good memories of years 7-11 but then came along year 12 when the majority of my friends left. That was OK, though. Then in year 13 all of my friends left and I had some worries concerning my personal life (but all that's fine now thankfully), so I felt like I really had been thrown in the deep end. This year has been so stressful with all the things that I have mentioned and with A2 exam preparation. I'm genuinely so happy I'll never have to see some certain people ever again; I wasn't even sad to say bye to them. I know these are such first world problems, but I've had a tough year, So I'm happy to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah worst years of my life up till now! Will not miss it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 12 now and I look back at all the good times I had from year 7 to 11 and I miss it tbh

I also changed schools last minute for sixth form so that could be another reason why I miss my old school

ReputationRep:
    Most people say no, most people change their minds pretty quick too.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably miss not being in £27000 of debt, I must say.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.