The Student Room Group

Year 11 Leavers - Will you miss school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shane Webb
Considering I'm in lower 6th, I must have some stuff right considering I haven't even been to university.
One thing I hate at school that I won't miss is just how far they actually go to try and control your life; they make you wear uniforms, they hand out detentions.
I really hate wearing uniform, and it's probably the thing I hate most about school. I find it incredibly uncomfortable. But it just really pisses me off that when I go back to school in September, I'll be 18, and a legal adult. So excuse me if I am pissed off by the fact that I'll be dressed exactly the same way I was dressed when I was 11 with a pompous looking badge.
For my geography exam on Friday I didn't come into school in uniform for it, despite the fact the Upper 6ths can come in wearing whatever they please for exams. As a result, I have been promised a detention first week back in September by my head of year.
Talk about let bygones be bygones.
At university; there is no uniform. Enough said.

Personally, I prefer wearing school uniform than normal clothes to school. Theres no stress of what you'll wear the next day and I dont feel like im being judged by the way I dress(since everyone is wearing the same thing), but I see where you're coming from.
I don't miss a single thing about school! There are a few things I miss about being 15/16 though, like the fact that you have basically zero responsibilities and someone else does all your washing and cooking for you! But there are sooo many better things to come :smile: there's a sense of freedom that's hard to come back from when you leave school, do A levels etc and move out of home... I love my life how it is now, a million times more than I did in my school days. I can still remember my last day - I couldn't wait to get out of that door, and I never looked back :beer:
Original post by valbrechts
Personally, I prefer wearing school uniform than normal clothes to school. Theres no stress of what you'll wear the next day and I dont feel like im being judged by the way I dress(since everyone is wearing the same thing), but I see where you're coming from.

Difference of opinion.
The point I am trying to make is how they try to run your life with an iron fist- I came in in my own clothes for the Geog skills paper, one of the teachers who was moderating it reported it to my head of year, and today my mum got an email from the school saying I am in a Friday Detention from 4:30 to 5:30 on Friday 4th of September.
That's bs. Could they really not have just let it slide??? They are so PC.
Another example of them being PC was at the start of the year I kept arguing with this guy who made fun of me because my parent are separated, and I called him RPG (he really hates being called it). He reported me for calling him RPG and told pastoral care he had "home problems." Of course I narrowly avoided a Friday detention for that as well.
What a pile of BS.
Schools champion the right of the weak that cannot defend themselves and baby them in a way totally unrealistic compared to the real world.
If someone calls you RPG in the real world, do you think anyones gonna give a ****? Just because you don't like it?
It's that kind of attitude they have that annoys me.
Also, to the person I quoted, if you like uniform then you can like it for another 2 years. Chances are you'll never have to wear one again.
I did not miss school at all after I left. A couple of my friends said they missed certain bits though, one saying he missed the atmosphere in the sixth form common room and the jokes.
Reply 104
I didn't go to school (home ed) but I went to college and I'm currently at university. Everyone I've spoken to hated their college and loves uni but I absolutely loved my college and I really miss it. I have hated being at uni so far although hopefully it's going to get better next year. I guess it's just different for everyone, depends on the experiences you have at school/college.
Reply 106
I get very emotional just thinking about it , these two past years have been amazing ! My teachers are just so sweet and supportive I don't think I'll ever find anyone as inspiring as them :frown: I'm going to miss my History teacher *sigh* and meeting people in the library after school to revise :frown:
NO xD
Original post by glimmers
no

i will not miss my form they are idiots
I'll miss wearing my school blazer and tie, especially since I've been wearing them for 10+ years.
Reply 110
Not at all, i'm ready for new challenges, a new beginning, a new chapter and a new life that life has to throw at me.
Original post by JANOS SLYNT
what about people who were bullied at school how could it be good for them for me personally uni was much better

that is a very good point Janos
Hell no! I'll miss my friends and playing football at lunchtimes and having those ridiculous rap battles and all the parties etc but I won't miss school! Having to wake up at 6:30 everyday to go to school already says enough as it is.

10 years down the line this might change, in fact it inevitably will change but that's like saying now :do I miss primary school? Of course I miss primary school hahaha who doesn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll miss the intense revision.
I will never miss that place
i dont want to leave if i had a chance i would start again :P
Hell no! My school is changing the uniform aswell for next year and it looks even worse! They are such ******s! I, glad
Reply 117
If there's anything I'd miss at my school, it'd be the people. The fact that everyone can just talk about the most randomest things, but its still okay! Its kind of upsetting that I will never see some of the people again. And if I do, it'll be sooo awkward. I'm telling myself not to make it awkward though.

But, then I guess I'm excited about the other parts of leaving school. Starting college. Actually having a life. Being more "grown up" - like independent.
I always thought I'd love to leave but now it's time to go I really don't want to!
i ma staying at my schools sixth form so i still have 2 more years, but there is still one thing that gets me sad knowing that some of my closest friends are leaving. Basically about 30%-40% of my year is leaving and i have spent 5 years with them i will definitely get a bit sad and depressed as i will most likely never see them again in my life. Although i didnt talk to them alot i will still miss, there are people who are leaving who i wish i could be closer with and to make it worse the girl i really really like is leaving. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest