The Student Room Group

Failed in OCR 21st century chemistry exam :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kxylah
It takes a long time for the light to reach us so by the time it reaches us, we will see the star as how it was when the light started to travel towards us..
if that made sense

thts not making sense to me.... how its related to the past?
Reply 41
Original post by fatima1998
thts not making sense to me.... how its related to the past?

Okay so you have galaxy A and we are galaxy B. Galaxy A is 8 light years away from us. Therefore, it takes 8 years for the light to reach us, therefore we see it as 8 years in the past because it took that long to reach us
Original post by kxylah
Okay so you have galaxy A and we are galaxy B. Galaxy A is 8 light years away from us. Therefore, it takes 8 years for the light to reach us, therefore we see it as 8 years in the past because it took that long to reach us

ok!!! i guess i get it.... thnx for help:smile:
What did you get for the last six marker and the Mercury question btw don't worry the grade boundaries probably low
Original post by Abdihassan77
What did you get for the last six marker and the Mercury question btw don't worry the grade boundaries probably low

i missed one of that question didnt had time at all... basically i missed 2, 6 marks qs so yeah definitely failed it.... :smile:
Original post by kxylah
I have a feeling that the grade boundaries are going to be low for that exam tbh (i took it too, wasn't hard but was harder than the 2014 paper)

Nope the 2014 paper was really difficult, quite a few of my friends took that and struggled this year was easier than that paper.

Also think about it this way you have physics to redeem yourself c:
Original post by GoldenLotus
Nope the 2014 paper was really difficult, quite a few of my friends took that and struggled this year was easier than that paper.

Also think about it this way you have physics to redeem yourself c:

i got an A* in physics and A's in chemistry and biology in 2014 pastpapers but find 2015 difficult so i do think that the grade boundaries gonna be low
i got an A* in physics and A's in chemistry and biology in 2014 pastpapers but find 2015 difficult so i do think that the grade boundaries gonna be low

they lowered the grade boundaries last year, I don't think they'll do it again tbh
they lowered the grade boundaries last year, I don't think they'll do it again tbh

i know but i still got very higher marks 50 out of 60 in physics others was also high... but it depends on the student's performance they lowered the grade boundaries because of the candidates performance and they might do this again low the UMS marks because i dont think anyone find it easy exam this year too!!!

what are the six markers in the biology 2014 past paper?
i know but i still got very higher marks 50 out of 60 in physics others was also high... but it depends on the student's performance they lowered the grade boundaries because of the candidates performance and they might do this again low the UMS marks because i dont think anyone find it easy exam this year too!!!

A lot of people at my school found this paper quite easy
A lot of people at my school found this paper quite easy

WHAT THE HELL!!!! really this years paper and easy.... which one and r u doing GCSE too???
WHAT THE HELL!!!! really this years paper and easy.... which one and r u doing GCSE too???

Yep the Mars question wasn't bad because you just had to explain the composition of old earth, explain how it changed then compare it with Mars. I came remember the other 6 markers on the chemistry paper.
And on the whole biology was easy because I revised everything that was there.
Yep the Mars question wasn't bad because you just had to explain the composition of old earth, explain how it changed then compare it with Mars. I came remember the other 6 markers on the chemistry paper.
And on the whole biology was easy because I revised everything that was there.

yeah i know that qs wasnt hard thats why i spend about 10 to 15 minutes explaining the whole theory and also asked for an extra paper; i ran out of the space and i have revised that topic specifically and i didnt had time to do other qs i really rushed it and just guess them :frown:
yeah i know that qs wasnt hard thats why i spend about 10 to 15 minutes explaining the whole theory and also asked for an extra paper; i ran out of the space and i have revised that topic specifically and i didnt had time to do other qs i really rushed it and just guess them :frown:

I write really quickly anyway so I always finish earlier in exams than other people do. Like if I don't write this quickly I wouldn't be able to write down everything I want to say XD
I usually gain time from other questions to use for 6 markers though aswell
I write really quickly anyway so I always finish earlier in exams than other people do. Like if I don't write this quickly I wouldn't be able to write down everything I want to say XD
I usually gain time from other questions to use for 6 markers though aswell

well then... its ur writing speed i dont write too quick...how's urs physics revision going on... have time to revise though
well then... its ur writing speed i dont write too quick...how's urs physics revision going on... have time to revise though

Physics is going okay but I have to focus on english and RE for tommrow :/// my hand is going to be dead
Physics is going okay but I have to focus on english and RE for tommrow :/// my hand is going to be dead

i have english only.... i have done my R.E exam
i have english only.... i have done my R.E exam

I've done aqa re for year 10 but year 11 is seperate ;-; but I have a 2 hour to kill a mockingbird and unseen poetry exam in the morning ;-;
I've done aqa re for year 10 but year 11 is seperate ;-; but I have a 2 hour to kill a mockingbird and unseen poetry exam in the morning ;-;

i do AQA english exam- on monday i have eng lit unit 1 (to kill a mocking bird and an inspector calls) and on wednesday i have business and physics and on thursday i have eng lit unit 2 (poetry exam)

Quick Reply

Latest