Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I just bought one of those frozen mince packets from tesco. Quick question, do i stick it in the microwave for a bit and then fry it? Also, how do i know when it is completely done when frying? I understand it goes brown at some point but how do i know if the insides are cooked?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rurounikenji)
    Hey guys,

I just bought one of those frozen mince packets from tesco. Quick question, do i stick it in the microwave for a bit and then fry it? Also, how do i know when it is completely done when frying? I understand it goes brown at some point but how do i know if the insides are cooked?

Thanks!
    Can't you leave to defrost in the fridge? Mince is really easy to fry and cooks quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Can't you leave to defrost in the fridge? Mince is really easy to fry and cooks quickly.
    What mince r u on bout bruv?

ReputationRep:
    You can defrost it in the microwave. But often leaving it in the fridge overnight is the easier option.

Fry it until it turns brown, break pieces of the mince and ensure that is cooked throughout.

Add some salt and pepper to the mince before you fry it. Put some chopped garlic with it and fry some onions before you add the mince. Once it has cooked a little add a can of tinned tomatoes, and some chopped up mixed peppers. Add some chilli powder and cayenne pepper as it simmering. Fry it until it turns brown, break pieces of the mince and ensure that is cooked throughout. If it is too watery add some Bisto, or Corn Flour.

Serve with tortilla wraps. A decent quick and cheap meal.

ReputationRep:
    Get mince and leave in fridge for about 3 - 5 hours and then leave out 30 mins before cooking. Dry fry (no oil) for about 12 - 15 mins i reckon, on a reasonably high heat. In the mean time, fry some onions in another frying pan with some par boiled peas and some spices and then combine with the mince and then mix and continue frying and mixing and serve with fluffy basmati rice. Job's a good'un.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.