Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i want to change french to triple science. I'm good at science, I'm also an efficient reviser who can catch up easily on anything I miss. Do you think my school will let me change to a subject i can do 150305x better in?

ReputationRep:
    is this for gcse?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't your exams already started?? Of course you won't be able to change at this point, how on earth would you teach yourself 3 whole units in a couple of weeks?...

If this is GCSE, then first of all you will have already been put in for the French exam and you'd have to pay for late entry to the triple science. Secondly you will not be able to revise a years worth of extended sciences as they're primarily linked to AS levels and so are demanding. People in my year failed despite a whole year of taught lessons, so I would strongly advise you to stick to what you're doing, since I doubt your school would even consider the request at this stage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    If this is GCSE, then first of all you will have already been put in for the French exam and you'd have to pay for late entry to the triple science. Secondly you will not be able to revise a years worth of extended sciences as they're primarily linked to AS levels and so are demanding. People in my year failed despite a whole year of taught lessons, so I would strongly advise you to stick to what you're doing, since I doubt your school would even consider the request at this stage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think this is debatable. If the OP is among the top students of their year they can be more than capable to learn the content if their exams are in a years time if they are also dedicated.

But OP if you are capable, convincing your school to let you change might be difficult

ReputationRep:
    My triple science set has not even finished the extended units. I won't have to teach myself all of the units, just some of them.

(Original post by AstroNandos)
    I think this is debatable. If the OP is among the top students of their year they can be more than capable to learn the content if their exams are in a years time if they are also dedicated.

But OP if you are capable, convincing your school to let you change might be difficult
    What I think the op meant is that they're taking the exam this year. Therefore no they don't have a year, they have three weeks if that.

Having done triple science I can already tell you it will not be possible for you to teach yourself the extended units for this year. There is a lot of new content for physics, it's a huge memory game for biology and chemistry has new much more complicated equations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah guys , maybe i wasen't clear lol. I'm in year 10 and my year 11 exams are in a year ish. I don't have my actual exams untill next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    What I think the op meant is that they're taking the exam this year. Therefore no they don't have a year, they have three weeks if that.

Having done triple science I can already tell you it will not be possible for you to teach yourself the extended units for this year. There is a lot of new content for physics, it's a huge memory game for biology and chemistry has new much more complicated equations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought the course started at the beginning of year 10 and exams at the end of year 11? But if they have 3 weeks then I really doubt they could.

And if it's similar to previous years of GCSE triple science then I still think it depends entirely on the person doing it (only if they have like a year, not 3 weeks), but if it has drastically changed compared to when I did it last year then who knows?

ReputationRep:
    they wont put you in for triple, trust, i tried to take it at this point 2 years ago lol

(Original post by shwansalah)
    Yeah guys , maybe i wasen't clear lol. I'm in year 10 and my year 11 exams are in a year ish. I don't have my actual exams untill next year
    Well that's a bit more reasonable.

The triple science course is linear so you would have 9 exams for science alone if you were to take it up along with three separate coursework pieces (might vary depending on exam board).

I don't know how it works in your school but we learnt core in year 9, additional in year 10 and extension in year 11. Therefore there's a possibility you could swap. However have a good look at the material because you'll be doing another three exams instead. Also bear in mind that languages are still very valuable.

Either way here are the Edexcel papers from last year. They just happen to be my papers that I did haha but edexcel generally does hardest triple science (I remember the Aqa were a joke compared to these), so I doubt it would get harder than those:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP and I go to the same school. All he ever does is revise and from my experience knowing him, he can learn all of triple science AQA content within one year, we have our exams next year and he is one of the top students.

for AQA Triple, only B3, C3 and P3 content is extra. so seems possible to learn in a year, considering this OP here, is no unordinary man, revising constantly, no life outside and so sometimes I wonder for his oxygen supply.

(Original post by RemonAk)
    OP and I go to the same school. All he ever does is revise and from my experience knowing him, he can learn all of triple science AQA content within one year, we have our exams next year and he is one of the top students.

for AQA Triple, only B3, C3 and P3 content is extra. so seems possible to learn in a year, considering this OP here, is no unordinary man, revising constantly, no life outside and so sometimes I wonder for his oxygen supply.
    B3, P3 and C3 ARE designed to be done in a year. That's why it would be fine for op to change at this moment.

What I was opposing at first is changing options if op was currently in year 11 - doing the three huge units within 3 weeks is impossible.

But since he will be starting the with the rest of the year, I assume, he'll definitely will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh i see youre in year 10, well i took triple science in a year so it's not impossible, and i came out with a C lol

ReputationRep:
    If you're really an efficient reviser, revise French.

CASE CLOSED.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shwansalah)
    Ohhh right well then yeah definitely take triple science, I think it would be better than French. We didn't even start the third units until half way through year 11 so you'll be fine, depending on whether your school lets you though which I think they should.

ReputationRep:
    Not so sure...i'm in Year10 as wel.
    We started Core in Year9
    Now we are doing Additional and next we'll be doing triple so that's actually 2 years.
    But I guess you can start it now.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.