Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a Scottiish student (only mentioning because our degrees are 4 years rather than 3) just about to finish my first year studying Politics and International relations.

However, I have not really enjoyed this course and after doing a lot of research I am now pretty set on the idea of studying law. I have just fired of an email to my personal tutor but I'm sure it will be ages to get a reply.

What I want to know is do you think it would be at all possible to go straight into second year law or would I have to reapply through UCAS? I really don't want this to have been a wasted year. And even it this was possible any law students think this would work or would it simply be too hard without studying first year?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    No, it would not be possible. You would have to start again, from the 1st year. I am not sure if you have to re-apply through UCAS. You should visit student experience office (or similar) and ask about your options - there is a deadline for programme transfers...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.