Turn on thread page Beta

How Honest Are You? watch

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1-10, how honest would you say you are when it comes to situations?

How about little things like your friend's new haircut, or major things such as your feelings towards someone?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Generally probably 8/9

In regards to expressing my feeling for someone. 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake_lover)
    Generally probably 8/9

In regards to expressing my feeling for someone. 0
    Don't you think you owe it to the other person out of respect to be honest with them about your feelings for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Don't you think you owe it to the other person out of respect to be honest with them about your feelings for example?
    I guess I'm always scared of creeping them out or making things awkward/losing a friend. (Unless of course it was SUPER obvious the feeling is mutual).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    4?! I'm disappointed in you. I bet our conversations were built on lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake_lover)
    I guess I'm always scared of creeping them out or making things awkward/losing a friend. (Unless of course it was SUPER obvious the feeling is mutual).
    Oh in that case I completely understand, I wouldn't say that's being dishonest, just super shy and reasonable aha. Saying you feel a certain way when you know you don't for example is what's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    4?! I'm disappointed in you. I bet our conversations were built on lies
    :cry2: Actually, that was more information I gave you than I normally would :eek: But yeah, most was lies :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation. I'm usually brutally honest in debates/opinions etc, (so, 10) but less so on people asking how they look, and so on... Maybe a 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    :cry2: Actually, that was more information I gave you than I normally would :eek: But yeah, most was lies :smug:
    Ugh I feel betrayed

Be gone!

ReputationRep:
    4 with strangers - I'm blunt and I'll tell them what I think if they inquire too hard. However I'll mostly intentionally change my diction, body language and so on to make them enjoy my presence more than they otherwise would and I will make sure I don't say things which could make them lose trust in me, respect or attractiveness.

9 with friends - I'm very very honest, much to my loss at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Depends on the situation. I'm usually brutally honest in debates/opinions etc, (so, 10) but less so on people asking how they look, and so on... Maybe a 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same here, but when it comes to someone's appearance I like to be very honest if they ask for my opinion. Like it makes me sad when I see a girl with awful eyebrows and none of her friends have the decency to tell her to fix them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    4 with strangers - I'm blunt and I'll tell them what I think if they inquire too hard. However I'll mostly intentionally change my diction, body language and so on to make them enjoy my presence more than they otherwise would and I will make sure I don't say things which could make them lose trust in me, respect or attractiveness.

9 with friends - I'm very very honest, much to my loss at times.
    I agree with your last point. Sometimes I feel like being too honest in certain situations is like a curse lol

ReputationRep:
    I am aware that I am the crappiest liar out there so I just stick with the truth :rofl:
    Feelings wise I deviate from telling the truth, but I don't lie

ReputationRep:
    6inches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    I am aware that I am the crappiest liar out there so I just stick with the truth :rofl:
    I'm a rubbish liar too! If I lie to my fiancé (usually just "I'm fine" or "yes I did orgasm"...jk) he knows straight away. It makes it harder to bull**** in interviews, that's for sure lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3. I'm only honest when I think it's appropriate or when I think a person can handle it. Not many people can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    6inches
    Best answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    I genuinely suck a telling lies as well lmao. I totally get trying to almost avoid being honest, but not straight up lying lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.