Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Am thinking of doing economics at UCLAN, I would like to know more about this course because lots of people tell me that it's pointless course and that I should do business instead. Is economics course a difficult course and how much studying time will I need if I do economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey essex)
    Hi guys
    Am thinking of doing economics at UCLAN, I would like to know more about this course because lots of people tell me that it's pointless course and that I should do business instead. Is economics course a difficult course and how much studying time will I need if I do economics.
    My god who gave you that advice? joey essex?

economics is more rigorous and employable than business, but UCLAN is quite low down the rankings which might hurt you when trying to get a job.

economics is not difficult if you're logical and analytical

ReputationRep:
    But the good thing about uclan is that. You get 42 weeks work experience which I think will make a lot of difference when trying to get a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey essex)
    But the good thing about uclan is that. You get 42 weeks work experience which I think will make a lot of difference when trying to get a job.
    Yeah work experience is invaluable so i guess if you get a good placement then it would be fine. what do you want to do when you graduate?

ReputationRep:
    Financial analyst or an Actuary.
    Am thinking of doing undergraduate economics degree and then move on to masters international business management

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.