Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have just been offered a part time job at tesco. I'm contracted 18 hours but because it's a flexible contract we've been told we would be asked to do more shifts with a minimum 24 hours notice.
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if these extra shifts are compulsory? Or can you turn them down?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not ask Tesco?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just got a flex contract too. I was told that they are compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be able to speak to my manager tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone knew for now.

Thank you, so you much do every other shift you are offered? just cause your days off would be the days you'd make appointments etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brother works at Tesco, pretty sure his is a flexible contract. Does 10 hours over 2 shifts same days each week but then they can ask him to do extra. In reality they know he is at uni so can only do extra hours on the days he works, except holidays when he puts himself forward to do anything going.

For him at least the goodwill works both ways, he does crappy hours like up until Midnight or from 6am during the holidays but term time they dont ask him to do any extra.

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense, thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.