Turn on thread page Beta

I think am mental :( Does anyone else talk to themselves during an exam? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I have a problem.I talk to myself in exams I cant concentrate if I havent talked to myself and its abit loud Do I need help?

ReputationRep:
    Na

ReputationRep:
    No, you do not need help. Its exam stress, I personally also mumble to myself especially if I dont understand a question. Try not to talk too loud else you risk being kicked out of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha like i really read the question out loud.thats how i get to understand it

ReputationRep:
    Lool nope dw. They say those who talk to themselves are the smarter ones. Talking to yourself when answering qs makes your brain work harder. More nerve impulses are made to the brain. If someone calls you weird tell them to shuttup. It's natural for people to do that. I do it myself in exams and i don't even realises Lol oh well..if it helps me to be more focused i don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarkhatri)
    Lool nope dw. They say those who talk to themselves are the smarter ones. Talking to yourself when answering qs makes your brain work harder. More nerve impulses are made to the brain. If someone calls you weird tell them to shuttup. It's natural for people to do that. I do it myself in exams and i don't even realises Lol oh well..if it helps me to be more focused i don't mind

ReputationRep:
    I got a warning for talking to myself :cool: so just make you are quiet!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by maggie43)
    I think I have a problem.I talk to myself in exams I cant concentrate if I havent talked to myself and its abit loud Do I need help?
    I talk out loud when trying to solve a difficult problem too! :woo: Something about saying the words helps :yy:

I guess it's only a problem if it's distracting to others, so try keeping it to a whisper?

Good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I talk out loud when trying to solve a difficult problem too! :woo: Something about saying the words helps :yy:

I guess it's only a problem if it's distracting to others, so try keeping it to a whisper?

Good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    i just talk to myself. Quite loud too. No ones said anything
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    thank you
    Looking at this thread you're definitely not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Seek professional help

ReputationRep:
    Rofl I sing what I'm writing (srs)

:blushing:

ReputationRep:
    Not out loud in an exam

I sometimes almost laugh in exams because all I have is a pen and pencil, so when we have to draw some axis or something everyone has their ruler out and I'm sat their trying to draw straight lines with my pencil as a ruler. The invigilators must think "what the **** is he doing?" And I just find that funny haha
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    Not out loud in an exam

I sometimes almost laugh in exams because all I have is a pen and pencil, so when we have to draw some axis or something everyone has their ruler out and I'm sat their trying to draw straight lines with my pencil as a ruler. The invigilators must think "what the **** is he doing?" And I just find that funny haha
    Why don't you buy yourself a ruler....? :console:

ReputationRep:
    Not out loud in an exam

Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Why don't you buy yourself a ruler....? :console:
    I always lose them or snap them within a week so I just gave up with them. I even have to get pens off of my sister because I lose my ones

ReputationRep:
    I always lose them or snap them within a week so I just gave up with them. I even have to get pens off of my sister because I lose my ones
    Have you considered investing in a pencil case?

ReputationRep:
    Just do it quietly and nobody even cares.

I sat next to this girl in a Maths exam once who muttered numbers under her breath the whole way through. I was ready to throw something at her after about 5 minutes, couldn't concentrate on anything worth a damn and kept remembering her numbers rather than mine.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

You need one of these bad boys.

Maybe not a Hello Kitty one. I've got a One Piece one and it's immense. Never lose anything again. Thank you Japan.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.