The Student Room Group

which IGCSE/GCSE subject is best suit for future degree course in architecture.

Hello guys, which subject should I take if my future degree course is architecture?are sciences essential to this degree course? please help... Thank you in advance !
Original post by jokerswifts
Hello guys, which subject should I take if my future degree course is architecture?are sciences essential to this degree course? please help... Thank you in advance !

Don't worry too much on which subjects to take for IGCSE's especially if you're thinking about doing architecture for uni. However, I guess physics would be pretty useful to learn the basics and can later further develop your skills in physics at IB/A-Levels. For IGCSE's just do the subjects you're interested in and are good at and later on see what options you have.When you start doing IB that's when you want to be more serious in the subjects you choose. I would suggest taking graphic design/art just because it's a really awesome subject and it might help you develop technical skills for architecture
Look at your university course and see what is required or recommended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by rickyb_98
Don't worry too much on which subjects to take for IGCSE's especially if you're thinking about doing architecture for uni. However, I guess physics would be pretty useful to learn the basics and can later further develop your skills in physics at IB/A-Levels. For IGCSE's just do the subjects you're interested in and are good at and later on see what options you have.When you start doing IB that's when you want to be more serious in the subjects you choose. I would suggest taking graphic design/art just because it's a really awesome subject and it might help you develop technical skills for architecture
Thank you for your info !
Reply 4
Original post by CplSkippy
Look at your university course and see what is required or recommended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your info !

Quick Reply

Latest