Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I really need help in the Clark 1998/99 study in in social psychology
    Can u play break it down into aim procedure and findings plz and if so plz give some ao2 points as well
    Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im learning this module too
    but apparently the clark study isnt important

ReputationRep:
    I had problems breaking it down as well. Honestly, looking at various papers, Moscovici has more significance and is A LOT easier to understand.

If you did talk about it in the paper, say that he aimed to test two predictions- 1) that the minority could exert influence through the information presented and the persuasive nature of the minorities arguments. 2) That the minority could influence through changes in behaviour or 'defections' (seeing other people change their view can have a powerful effect of the individual's own beliefs
    As the different conditions are confusing i would outline what they were debating (talk about the film and it's basic plot) and say that when they were given the plot summary and debated the innocence of the man, if the minority couldn't provide a persuasive argument, the majority did not change their opinions. However if the minority presented the counter-arguments (the old woman had bad eyesight, the man had a disability that would have prevented him seeing it and the 'rare' knife could easily be bought), this caused defections from the majority, causing a snowball effect until they agreed that the man was innocent.
    Clark therefore concluded that internalisation could occur and the minority could exert influence by defecting behaviour and by having convincing, persuasive arguments

AO2:
    -the study was representative of real-life situations as the task was a simulation of a realistic situation in which social influence does take place (jury decision making)
    -the costs of making an error for participants in this study were much lower than in real-life jury service where it is likely that decisions would have been thought through a lot more due to the consquences. Therefore it is questionable how far the results of this role-play can be generalised to real-life jury service

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help urgent
    for psychological therapies is it okay if I only learn one therapy for each?
    what. E.g. systematic desensitisation for behavioural therapies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannemarriott)
    Can someone help urgent
    i personally would learn all of them...better safe than sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannemarriott)
    Can someone help urgent
    The specification only states that you need to know
    • Biological therapies- including drugs (for depression and schizophrenia) and ECT
    • Psychological therapies- including psychoanalysis, systematic de-sensitisationand Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

While it is good to know a range as commentary to go with your answers, spend more time on these as they can specifically ask you about these individual treatments. They won't expect you to have studied more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.