Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right well basically my normal revision technique is making notes from revision guides however my business guides are utterly awful. I've left it a tad late seeing as my exam is Monday so buying another guide is completely out the question. So the question is, what are your best tips for studying, not just business but any subject? Another thing i've found is that I revise and I just feel absolutely nothing goes in?!

ReputationRep:
    Whats your exam board and which unit?

ReputationRep:
    AQA Unit 1

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether or not this is true, but it seems like it's worth a shot.

Apparently, chewing a different flavour of gum to what you're used to will help you retain information easier. Something about it being more profound in your memory...

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I would get the recommended textbook given to you by your school, as it is specific to the exam board you are doing and read through making quick notes. I'm also going to be doing my GCSE Business exams, I did 7 hours of revision yesterday and managed to go through the entire course and did a few past papers, so it is possible. The only way is to be able to memorise is make sure the notes are concise, make sure you practice expanding these notes, however, for the 9 mark questions. Once you've made your notes go through past papers, the best advice I can give when taking the exam is READ & REFER TO THE CASE STUDY : this is where you will get knowledge of what the question is asking of you. Secondly DON'T PANIC, Unit 2 is worth more and as long as you have a good coursework grade you should be fine, but Unit 1 in reality is not hard, as long as you have understanding of business then you will do fine.
    Oh, and as for nothing going in I had the same problem as you and found it was my revision technique that was problem, I found that Revision cards alone no longer worked for me, so I now re-write thing over and over again until I remember them, and be COLOURFUL and CREATIVE with your revision stick colourful posters around your room on your walls, record your voice saying something you need to remember and listen to it on your way somewhere, just make sure what you are doing is right for you.
    GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    I have my Business Studies OCR exam on Wednesday but luckily for me my first paper (Unit 2) is only worth 25% and the second paper (Unit 3 with the case study) is worth 50%. I would recommend just doing as many past papers as you can (I had to ask my teacher to provide me with them because Unit 3 does not have past papers) and rewriting and rereading your notes. If you can't remember something then turn over your notes and try to recall the information and keep doing that until you think that you've memorised it. Also, make sure that you keep testing yourself even if it is just for 10 minutes a day.

Good luck! I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    I make posters and then go through each poster one by one saying the stuff i need to know out load in different accents for each topic. Weird but it helps me to remember some things! I try to use accents that kinda go with the words or topic. For example when doing geography i used french to learn about gabions because i think that word is kinda french sounding, and then i used like a pirate accent to learn about rock armor. Give it a go!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.