Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, basically I've just finished repeating my first year at Uni. All my exams went well and I'm pretty confident I passed them all apart from one module. But will I get a chance to refer the module in the summer of I fail it? Or because I'm repeating the year do I have to pass all modules first time?

PS I would ask my tutor but she already thinks I'm a retard

ReputationRep:
    There's no way for us to know. Each uni can set its own rules on this sort of thing.

At my undergrad uni, this sort of situation would be treated on a case-by-case basis. If they thought you had no chance of ever passing cleanly, then you might not be allowed a resit and would be withdrawn once your first attempt exam grades were finalised. However if you've done much better in your retake year and the single failure was just judged to be a blip in an otherwise improved performance, then you might have been permitted a resit for the failed element.

Unfortunately, you'll only know if you ask someone where you are.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.