The Student Room Group

Is my best friend beginning to despise me?

I'm still a bachelor, and was often considered the lay about and pothead of my group of four good friends that have been friends on and off during school but more consistantly after that.

Although one is travelling and the other we seem to see twice ayear these days, I hang out with one who moved in with his girlfriend about a year ago and got a good job both work but can't afford rent where they live and are moving somewhere else, getting a mortgage, on the other hand i've managed to turn my life around and now although I still live with my parents, I own my own house and another premises freehold complete with tenants and brought a new Audi A8 quattro and still get enough time left to chill smokin a few bowls full..

At first he was delgihted I was doing well esp my new ride, but seemed to feel a bit peeved saying he felt he was wasting his time working where he does.

Even more recently tell him I brought two properties and now he's always like 'oh, i'm workin'g, can't see you' etc.

Is he annoyed at me for having already the stability of own house?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Te346
lthoguh I still ive with my parents, I own my own house

Your mother must be a damn good cook!
Original post by Te346
I'm still a bachelor, and was often considered the lay about and pothead of my group of four good friends that have been friends on and off during school but more consitantly after that.
Altohugh one is travelling and the other we seem to see twice ayear these days, I hang out with one who moved in with his girlfriend about a year ago and got a good job both work but cna't afford rent where they live and ar emoving somewhere else getitng a mortgage, on the other hand i've maanged to turn my life around and now althoguh I still ive with my parents, I own my own house and another premises freehold complete with tenants and brought a new 4.2 Audi quattro and still get enough time left to chill smokin a few bowl full..

At first he was delgihted I was doing well but seemed to feel abit peeved saying eh felt he was wasting his time working where he does.

Even more recently tell him I brought two properties and now he's always like 'oh, i'm workin'g, can't see you' etc.

Is he annoyed at me for having already the stability of own house?

It sounds very probable that he's jealous. I don't necessarily think because you have your own house, but the fact that you were seen as the "lay about" and have still made something of your life, and consequently found stability (as many of us are never going to be able to afford to buy our own homes).

I take it he worked hard to get where he is and doesn't smoke? If yes and no respectively, then he's jealous that you made it whilst having messed around (no disrespect meant, I just mean from the things you have said about yourself).

Ps. Nice car! :biggrin: What colour is it?
Reply 3
Original post by iEssArrAy
It sounds very probable that he's jealous. I don't necessarily think because you have your own house, but the fact that you were seen as the "lay about" and have still made something of your life, and consequently found stability (as many of us are never going to be able to afford to buy our own homes).

I take it he worked hard to get where he is and doesn't smoke? If yes and no respectively, then he's jealous that you made it whilst having messed around (no disrespect meant, I just mean from the things you have said about yourself).

Ps. Nice car! :biggrin: What colour is it?

That's what I was thinking. I mean I've really clamed down now but I used to be on the ganja a lot before. They want to know where all this money is coming from. I keep telling them, unless you work so much and are presented with an opportunity to rise the hierarchies of your work place (and these opportunities are rare) it's unlikely you'll make big money! You need to get creative! Of course it's unlikely anyone stubborn will fathom ganja can actually help the flow of creativity and improve problem solving in cases.

Thanks! Pearly white exterior with black leather with some of the fancy extras too :biggrin:
Are you self made, do did your wealth come from inheritance or some form of nepotism? If either is the case I'm sure your friend is jealous at least to some degree. I know I would be.

But would he despise you? That would be harsh and an unhealthy reaction to the situation. But you know your friend better than we could ever hope to, so you would know how he's psychologically built.
How have you got all that money to buy properties by 'chillin'?
Reply 6
LOL I wasn't just 'chillin' though. Unbeknownest to them, I've actually been hard at work on a few projects.
Original post by Te346
That's what I was thinking. I mean I've really clamed down now but I used to be on the ganja a lot before. They want to know where all this money is coming from. I keep telling them, unless you work so much and are presented with an opportunity to rise the hierarchies of your work place (and these opportunities are rare) it's unlikely you'll make big money! You need to get creative! Of course it's unlikely anyone stubborn will fathom ganja can actually help the flow of creativity and improve problem solving in cases.

Thanks! Pearly white exterior with black leather with some of the fancy extras too :biggrin:

I'll be honest with you in the hope that it will help you out, hopefully you can patch things up with your friends then as well. What is it you do? I can see how they think you may get your money in non-legit ways, so I think you should clear the air about that with them, reassure them that your money is hard earned & hopefully this particular friend may be less jealous!

& I guess that depends on your stance of certain drugs, although I'm aware research has showed in doses they can enhance creativity. But there's a difference between increased creativity and just being brain dead from it - that's what you probably have to clear up with them because preconceptions is partly what seems to be influencing him. You'll have to explain to him why you do it (try to say something better and more meaningful than because you can or because you have time), if it's a deeper meaning there's more chance he'll accept it.

Omg that sounds amazing haha, just remember to keep it clean, nothing worse than a dirty white car. :P
Reply 8
Oh, I just brought a new wax machine for it :biggrin: It's sparkling under the sun right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending