igcsegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone else doing CIE English Lit on Monday 18th and Friday 22nd?
Unseen paper and poetry and prose paper (I'm doing Songs of Ourselves and I'm the King of the Castle)

Does anyone have any tips or just generally things to talk about regarding this exam?
gistha2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing the paper with Songs of Ourselves and Jekyll and Hyde. For poetry I'd just recommend re-annotating all the poems and planning essays to as many as them as you can and of course actually do a few. Also try and use a range of analysis, so for example do word-level analysis as well as phrase/clause-level and don't forget to add comments on structure - but only if you are linking it to meaning.

Good luck!
StressedByDay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gistha2)
I'm doing the paper with Songs of Ourselves and Jekyll and Hyde. For poetry I'd just recommend re-annotating all the poems and planning essays to as many as them as you can and of course actually do a few. Also try and use a range of analysis, so for example do word-level analysis as well as phrase/clause-level and don't forget to add comments on structure - but only if you are linking it to meaning.

Good luck!
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde and I am screwed
MoshBosh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm pretty nervous for this exam, but the grade boundaries are quite low (range from 63-69% for an A*). With sufficient preparation, I should do well.

Doing king of the castle, songs of ourselves and the tempest for options and also the unseen paper.
hoafanuk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

I'm doing coursework, All My Sons on 22nd, but tomorrow (18th) I'm doing Songs of Ourselves and Jekyll

Any tips, especially for questions involving two poems and the essay question for Jekyll?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (280)
15.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.68%
Lack of purpose or motivation (261)
14.08%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.42%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.77%
Loneliness (161)
8.68%
Financial worries (66)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (162)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (173)
9.33%

Watched Threads