Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's Unit 5 on the 19th!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No way am I predicting after last year....

ReputationRep:
    Well then I'm screwed 😂
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by JasonTheBell)
    Well then I'm screwed
    We all are. Definitely all of Patrick, I'm hearing some schools are saying 2 Patricks theory or a general historical Patrick.

ReputationRep:
    Two Patrick theory/geography of Patrick, murichus life of Patrick, paschal controversy, claims of Armagh, monastic spirituality/characteristics of Celtic church
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by LorraineJ)
    Two Patrick theory/geography of Patrick, murichus life of Patrick, paschal controversy, claims of Armagh, monastic spirituality/characteristics of Celtic church
    you're leaving out columbanus? And it would more likely be Armagh over the Synod of Whitby - if that topic came up at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    you're leaving out columbanus? And it would more likely be Armagh over the Synod of Whitby - if that topic came up at all.
    yes leaving out columbanus completely... And I know, I am not learning the synod of Whitby
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    yes leaving out columbanus completely... And I know, I am not learning the synod of Whitby
    a general hagiography is possible too

ReputationRep:
    how did you find it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    how did you find it?
    Could have been worse. I did 1 & 2.

ReputationRep:
    So did I. What did you write for the part Bs? For part B on question 1 I wrote about Patrick, Palladius, the impact of Celtic monasticism and peregreni. For question 2 part B I wrote about he paschal controversy and the change from episcopal to abbatial structure and government. For part B synoptic I wrote about how many neglect those who are outcast, then contrasted this with the work of missionary's such as trocaire. I then went on to explain how many today do not recognise what is involved in the holy life and therefore this results in sin... I gave an example of a convicted murderer and then contrasted this with Pope Francis who claimed that anyone can become holy by seeking repentance. I hope I did well enough.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So did I. What did you write for the part Bs? For part B on question 1 I wrote about Patrick, Palladius, the impact of Celtic monasticism and peregreni. For question 2 part B I wrote about he paschal controversy and the change from episcopal to abbatial structure and government. For part B synoptic I wrote about how many neglect those who are outcast, then contrasted this with the work of missionary's such as trocaire. I then went on to explain how many today do not recognise what is involved in the holy life and therefore this results in sin... I gave an example of a convicted murderer and then contrasted this with Pope Francis who claimed that anyone can become holy by seeking repentance. I hope I did well enough.
    I did the same for 1B, but for 2B I added in how they had a different outlook on women compared to Europe and all. As for the sypnotic part B I talked about how it depends on how far you're willing to go for a life of holiness and that if it can save you from bad choice then it should be important and necessary.

ReputationRep:
    ifi managed a D in that A2 paper it would be a miracle! Any predictions for AS? 😂
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by JasonTheBell)
    ifi managed a D in that A2 paper it would be a miracle! Any predictions for AS? 😂
    My sister is doing AS and she says Palladius, all the work of Patrick, and the origins of monasticism

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.