Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Booked my place to go a few days ago on the 5th of June. Anyone else going? Or has anyone else been in the past? Feeling a little nervous about it!

ReputationRep:
    I've booked for the 6th :-) I've been before to an offer holder open day - no need to be nervous - it's very relaxed and well organised - lots of people there to help and you can wander around at your own pace! I had a lovely day hence why I'm going again to have another look! Enjoy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any things in particular that you'd recommend to see/ do? Either in the university or just generally in Exeter?
    Apart from the obvious subject talks and stuff like that😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by west1806)
    Any things in particular that you'd recommend to see/ do? Either in the university or just generally in Exeter?
    Apart from the obvious subject talks and stuff like that😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say have a good walk around the campus.. Get a feel for it.. Have a drink in the bar etc. if you use the park and ride, you get a good journey from the arena to the uni so get to see a little bit of the surroundings. We went for a coffee in town and shopping as seeing that is important too. It was good to have a walk around the shops on campus to see what they do - had a look around the library etc. Just use it to explore all of the things you've had on your mind - and ask questions! I asked some ambassadors who are doing my course about the subject and what to expect and they were very helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpben)
    I would say have a good walk around the campus.. Get a feel for it.. Have a drink in the bar etc. if you use the park and ride, you get a good journey from the arena to the uni so get to see a little bit of the surroundings. We went for a coffee in town and shopping as seeing that is important too. It was good to have a walk around the shops on campus to see what they do - had a look around the library etc. Just use it to explore all of the things you've had on your mind - and ask questions! I asked some ambassadors who are doing my course about the subject and what to expect and they were very helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!! I shall listen to your advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by west1806)
    Thank you!!! I shall listen to your advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My 2nd time going to uni so have done a few open days in my time! Hopefully my advice will serve you well :-) Enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going on the 6th exeter's already my firm choice and it'll be my first time going - excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebster12)
    I'm also going on the 6th exeter's already my firm choice and it'll be my first time going - excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one :-) what subject you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpben)
    Nice one :-) what subject you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    English Lit and Drama you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebster12)
    English Lit and Drama you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice subjects.. :-) Law for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on Saturday, slightly nervous but excited too! Seems surreal that I am actually looking around a University, I don't feel old enough!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know how long the park and ride takes from westpoint to the Streatham Campus?? And how often they come?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Selling 2x return train tickets from London Paddington to Exeter St Davids (one with 16-25 railcard discount) - ideal for those wanting to go to this open day!

Outbound leaves on Friday 4th Sept (day before) at 16:36
    Return leaves on Saturday 5th Sept at 17:07, via Bristol Parkway

I'm selling them dead cheap because I need to get rid of them (no longer going to the open day!)
    £30 ONO and they're yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoePhillips)
    Selling 2x return train tickets from London Paddington to Exeter St Davids (one with 16-25 railcard discount) - ideal for those wanting to go to this open day!

Outbound leaves on Friday 4th Sept (day before) at 16:36
    Return leaves on Saturday 5th Sept at 17:07, via Bristol Parkway

I'm selling them dead cheap because I need to get rid of them (no longer going to the open day!)
    £30 ONO and they're yours!
    Hi, I don't need the train tickets but would you mind possibly forwarding your open day ticket to me by email as I lost mine somehow and they haven't replied to send me a new one and I'm so worried I won't be able to go and my parents have booked a hotel!:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandraxmarie)
    Hi, I don't need the train tickets but would you mind possibly forwarding your open day ticket to me by email as I lost mine somehow and they haven't replied to send me a new one and I'm so worried I won't be able to go and my parents have booked a hotel!:-(
    Hi,

I'll try and find my ticket from my email trail now. I'll reply asap if I find it!

ReputationRep:
    Found it! I'm not entirely sure how you'll be able to use it for the presentations you want to see though... It's got a booking number in my name and has presentations for FCH and biosciences. If you can make use of it then please do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoePhillips)
    Found it! I'm not entirely sure how you'll be able to use it for the presentations you want to see though... It's got a booking number in my name and has presentations for FCH and biosciences. If you can make use of it then please do!
    Thank you so much!

My email is [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!

My email is [email protected]
    Just sent

ReputationRep:
    anyone else booked to go on open day tomorrow and decided not to go - if so, could you email me your ticket please ....... had a nightmare trying to get booked on!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I only really started looking at Exeter a couple weeks ago and didn't realise there was an open day tomorrow. Gutted about missing it as I really wanted to take a look

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.