Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Im rebuilding my wardrobe and was wondering what are your investment basic pieces? I've chucked out all my primark clothing and want to go to places such as Zara to invest in some great basics that will last.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, I tend to go to Hugo Boss for most of my very basic stuff. Other than that, I do spend £000s on designer stuff every season.

In your case, I think Zara is a great place to start!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm thinking maybe plain tees, knitted jumpers, good pair of jeans...

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about some basic stuffs.
    Yes.....Zara is a great place to start.

ReputationRep:
    Topman, ASOS, Zara all good options for your basics.

If you have a bit of money to spend, then here's a few good items to invest in for the start of your rebuild:
    • Indigo/Blue and Black skinny/slim jeans.
    • Stone and/or white chinos.
    • 3 or 4 good cotton tees at least (Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Hilfiger, FCUK [they generally can be found discounted in 2 or 3 packs]) and 5 or 6 cheaper, versatile options. Go for white, black and blue - but don't be afraid of a few colourful options like red, green and something stripy. For a basic wardrobe though, avoid anything with writing on it beyond a corner brand logo.
    • A few decent button down shirts, look for plain/checked and polkadots, but avoid anything too busy or colourful. Get one or two in short sleeve if its summer where you are.
    • Again, if its summer in your part of the world - invest in some good chino shorts. If you're heading into winter, they'll be cheaper but they also need not be a priority.
    • 2 or 3 versatile knits or sweaters, and then something with a bit of colour as a statement piece.
    • A good jacket - look for a bomber/mac/harrington or something more traditional like a toggle coat.
    • 1 or 2 pairs of decent boots, maybe one in leather and one in suede if you can afford it. Then a pair of black/grey casual shoes - Nike/Vans are my preferred but you can pick what you like here. Just make sure you avoid going with a red pair, I've made this mistake before and they ruin an outfit.
    • A tailored suit.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.