Student life in London versus Brighton Watch

gurolarssen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I am deciding between taking a postgraduate degree in London or Brighton. More specifically, an MSc in Management at either City University, Queen Mary UoL or University of Sussex.

The quality of the course is of course very important to me, but I think for me the quality of the student life is equally important. I am from Norway, so both London and Brighton will be a new experience for me. I would like to have a fun year, where I get to meet many new people and experience new and exciting things! Should I choose to go to London or Brighton?

And please, if you prefer one from the other, tell me the reason for it!
Puresha
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Brighton, you'd make better friends there London's great but not for student life i think especially from what ive heard, Sussex is campus based meaning you interact more with people plus its near the beach, you'd have loads of fun
Medicjug
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends if you want to meet people from all walks of life id say London. If you don't mind then the nightlife in Brighton is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
wajed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I put Sussex as my firm after going to one of the applicant days.

It's a small campus compared to other universities, which I loved. Everything seems close knit and everybody was friendly!

With Brighton around 20 minutes away by bus, I'd say for the student life it's much better than inner-city London universities - but then again it's my personal preference.

Good luck deciding
gurolarssen
Rep:
?
Thank you for your answers! Are all of you studying in/near Brighton?
It would be nice to have some input from people who have studied in London as well

I was beginning to lean towards London (Queen Mary, which is also a campus based uni and a bit more prestigious than the other two), but now I am not so sure anymore. The Brighton nightlife do sound amazing, and the student union looks really good at University of Sussex.
wajed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gurolarssen)
Thank you for your answers! Are all of you studying in/near Brighton?
It would be nice to have some input from people who have studied in London as well

I was beginning to lean towards London (Queen Mary, which is also a campus based uni and a bit more prestigious than the other two), but now I am not so sure anymore. The Brighton nightlife do sound amazing, and the student union looks really good at University of Sussex.
You are correct that Queen Mary does have the prestige with it. I did go to an open day there and I didn't like it as much as Sussex. It's a brilliant uni don't get me wrong but I wouldn't like it myself.

I study in North London right now (finishing my a-levels) and I can't wait to leave for Sussex haha.

Check out this link it may help you greatly in deciding -
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/location/brighton
JosieWC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BRIGHTON. Do it you wont regret it!
gurolarssen
Rep:
?
I think I have decided to accept the offer from University of Sussex now. Wii, it's so exciting!
JosieWC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:headbang::headbang:
wajed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gurolarssen)
I think I have decided to accept the offer from University of Sussex now. Wii, it's so exciting!
See you at freshers!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads