Turn on thread page Beta

anyone else think feminists are ruining their reputation by trying to be like men? watch

ReputationRep:
    throughout human history all the great leaders and scientists have been male, alexander the great, gengis khan, marcus aurelius, napoleon, tesla, planck, godel, the list is endless

"The world has experienced many tragedies, but to my mind the greatest tragedy of all is the present economic condition wherein women strive against men, and in many cases actually succeed in usurping their places in the professions and in industry," the inventor explained in cringe-worthy detail. "This growing tendency of women to overshadow the masculine is a sign of a deteriorating civilization."

"Woman, herself, is really the victim instead of, as she thinks, the victor. Contentment is absent from her life. She is ambitious, often far beyond her natural equipment, to attain the thing she wants. She too frequently forgets that all women cannot be prima donnas and motion picture stars," Tesla opined.

ReputationRep:
    There are many great examples of women leaders and inventors too!

In my opinion, gender doesn't matter, we should all just get along... :doh:

ReputationRep:
    I agree OP.

Feminists are the real misogynists because they devalue women's traditional role as wife, mother and home maker.

They refuse ego-hurting reality, like this recent realtalk from Gavin McInnes who told a careerist feminist that she'd be happier as a mother:

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    feminist
    ˈfɛmənɪst/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

a person who supports feminism.

adjective

relating to or supporting feminism.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"feminist literature"[/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    feminism
    ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/
    noun

• the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, as we're using dictionary definitions:
    feminism
    ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    noun: feminism

- This is Google's definition

I feel like misandrists who say that they are feminists, and then take extremist actions, are the ones making feminism look bad. People tend to say that feminism is the belief that women > men, but in fact it is women = men. Misandry is the word that describes the belief that women > men.

Women should do whatever they please. If they want to go into successful leadership roles, fine. If they want to focus on family, fine. If they want both? Fine.

That's all I'm really going to comment on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it though, you're just mad because women can do everything but men can't. Yet. But you can't see that given your clear narrow-mindedness and bitterness. Any correlation of masculinity and doing awesome things has been precisely because of their default state of not having the baby making equipment and not because women lack whatever equipment is necessary to do awesome things.

So really, to solve the problem men should spread into womanness rather than freak out because women spread into manness. Doing awesome things is not male territory for any good reason, it is/was circumstantial. If you want more reproductive equality find ways of achieving it. It has nothing to do with women doing anything else other than making children, which they can damn well do. Just cos it leaves men with nothing special or unique to do is not their problem. Find your own talent and identity yourself, don't expect others not to tread "your" territory out of your insecurity. You have to earn a status not expect to be given it.

ReputationRep:
    Nah feminists are ruining their reputation by being idiots.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Flying Cookie;55824291]Let's face it though, you're just mad because women can do everything but men can't. Yet. But you can't see that given your clear narrow-mindedness and bitterness. Any correlation of masculinity and doing awesome things has been precisely because of their default state of not having the baby making equipment and not because women lack whatever equipment is necessary to do awesome things.

It's not about attacking any genders, it's about basic human rights... allowing people to do what they want (as long as they don't harm others in the process obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Nah feminists are ruining their reputation by being idiots.
    If someone does or says something which goes against Feminism, then how can they be a feminist? It's not feminists being 'idiots', it's people uneducated on the topic approaching it the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybec)
    Alright, as we're using dictionary definitions:
    feminism
    ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    noun: feminism

- This is Google's definition

I feel like misandrists who say that they are feminists, and then take extremist actions, are the ones making feminism look bad. People tend to say that feminism is the belief that women > men, but in fact it is women = men. Misandry is the word that describes the belief that women > men.

Women should do whatever they please. If they want to go into successful leadership roles, fine. If they want to focus on family, fine. If they want both? Fine.

That's all I'm really going to comment on the matter.

lol why did you change the definition to suit your belief of what feminism is?

This is what it is, i screenshot it so it is legit.

And i dont see "equality of the sexes" anywhere
    lol
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Don't people ever get tired of bashing feminists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with women or minorities that want more representation in certain sectors but want it in an unfair way. It's horrible when people get jobs based on their gender/ethnicity and not based on their ability. Women who demand jobs because of their gender are entitled morons who should try working to get it. Still, I don't have a problem with feminists in general. I'd call myself a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by db_F40)
    lol why did you change the definition to suit your belief of what feminism is?

This is what it is, i screenshot it so it is legit.

And i dont see "equality of the sexes" anywhere
    lol
    Hey, me too

Name:  feminism definition screenshot.png
Views: 132
Size:  113.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Hey, me too

Name:  feminism definition screenshot.png
Views: 132
Size:  113.8 KB
    lol we typed the same thing in but i get different results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    I have a problem with women or minorities that want more representation in certain sectors but want it in an unfair way. It's horrible when people get jobs based on their gender/ethnicity and not based on their ability. Women who demand jobs because of their gender are entitled morons who should try working to get it. Still, I don't have a problem with feminists in general. I'd call myself a feminist.
    Yeah I think it's bad like in engineering for example. I remember when I was at an open day and a female student there was saying how it's more likely you'd get a job if you're female and you got more funding which I think is silly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by db_F40)
    lol we typed the same thing in but i get different results
    How bizarre!

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the men who feel threatened by women doing traditionally male jobs :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Actions speak louder than words. At the end of the day boys get lower grades than girls (from preschool to uni) there are more girls going to uni then men, women are more likley to get a stem job by 2:1 (http://www.pnas.org/content/112/17/5360.abstract), women in their 20's and 30's earn more than men (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ater-life.html), positive discrimination is always in the favour of women and only male dominated industries are targed for positive discrimination.

Could you explain how this is equal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarriageSucks)
    I agree OP.

Feminists are the real misogynists because they devalue women's traditional role as wife, mother and home maker.

They refuse ego-hurting reality, like this recent realtalk from Gavin McInnes who told a careerist feminist that she'd be happier as a mother:

:borat:
    They don't devalue the role it's just everyone's personality is down to them not their gender so everyone is happier doing different things. Sure many women are happier as mothers. Just like many women enjoy working over motherhood and many men can't be bothered with careers and would like to be house husbands. It's just societies expectations of gender roles that people feel pressure to live up to.

Its like I've always enjoyed climbing and sports and have never been into girly stuff. I much prefer the traditional male gender role to the female caring role, like I'd rather have a go at flying a plane than caring. This is down to my personality not my gender. My cousin is male and the opposite he doesn't want a career nor to learn how to drive etc but he is caring and wants to look after his mother. From what I see men can have it just as bad when it comes to gender roles, like if they are not sporty or manly enough they get bullied etc.

I dont dwell well too much into feminism but from what I understand I think this is what they are getting at. People should do what they want as individuals and should be treated as such rather than just people making assumptions about them based on their gender.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.