Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I've been offered an off cycle 6 month internship at a company in the top 10 on the FTSE 100. I will be working 37.5 hours a week and be paid £463 per week and have all my national rail expenses reimbursed. I live in London and my work place is located just outside London and around 1 hour and 20 minutes from my house.

I'm not considering a career there and the travel time is quite excessive. This will be my first job if I accept it.

I want to know whether I should continue looking for other internships or accept it. Also, in terms of Salary; is it reasonable considering all my travel expenses are paid?

Thanks

I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proficient1)
    Hello everyone,

I've been offered an off cycle 6 month internship at a company in the top 10 on the FTSE 100. I will be working 37.5 hours a week and be paid £463 per week and have all my national rail expenses reimbursed. I live in London and my work place is located just outside London and around 1 hour and 20 minutes from my house.

I'm not considering a career there and the travel time is quite excessive. This will be my first job if I accept it.

I want to know whether I should continue looking for other internships or accept it. Also, in terms of Salary; is it reasonable considering all my travel expenses are paid?

Thanks

I
    You say this will be your first job? Why not accept it for the experience and after 6 months you would have something on your CV that can help when applying for other jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proficient1)
    Hello everyone,

Thanks

I
    I would go for it, it's just six months, although the travel time is not too excessive. It sometimes takes me that amount of time just to get from one end of London to the other side for work. It will be good for your CV and after the internship you could always try and get another position in a different department? If possible that is. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I would take it if I was you, any experience (in a professional capacity) is better than none.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.