Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hell i am currently stuck on task3 of the arithmetic quiz where it says"the system should store the last three scores for each student"and also "by the average score highest to lowest" i have no idea how to solve the first part and would like any help possible with it,however please don't give me the exact answer as it breaches the rules of controlled assessment.thank you all help is appreciated(including links to other sites)

ReputationRep:
    bump: i need help please i know i need to create a list within a list but how?

ReputationRep:
    ok,guys i have had a hint that i need to create a list within a list but how does it know whether each name is in the right one?

ReputationRep:
    Bump: ok so i have sorted it alphabetically
    using :
    def getkey(item):
    return item[0]
    and then using sorted but can not sort itwith the highest scores can any one help? all help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    What you need is a list of tuples, each tuple should have the student name as its first element, and a list of grades as the second element of the tuple.

ReputationRep:
    i have used a multidimensional array to do it i just dont know how to sort it by averages

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.