Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, whats your ideal way of a guy asking you out? watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't be shy be honest.

For now I think i'd just probably be like will you be my girlfriend etc cos like whatever I dont know hence why ive made the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't have an ideal way because I am not into guys like that. However, I have been asked out by guys before, so I'll give my little insight.
    So if I were you I wouldn't ask if she could be your girlfriend, but just if she wants to go out. Secondly, don't ask her out in a very open question. Be a bit more specific. "Wanna go ... example: concert next Friday?"
    Do you already know this girl? That would be pretty good I'd say. Don't ask her out of the blue if you've never even spoken once. That can be ok depending on the girl, but then again, you wouldn't what kind of girl she was. I personally wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    keep it causal! suggest going somewhere, where you can talk yet has the format of a date, ask questions if you create the situation he may surprise you and do it for you, it would definitely make it easier if you were going to ask him, don't panic just talk like you normally would slip it in there what the worst that can happen! if he has agreed to go out for the day he obviously has some type of feelings towards you x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My partner asked me out by the docks at night after a cinema date ,it was so romantic

ReputationRep:
    "Hey wanna go to the new Chinese buffet with me?"

ReputationRep:
    "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

That'll only work if you're 15 - you'll scare the crap out of anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    "Ideal" way? That means girls sit around twirling our hair daydreaming about how guys ask us out.

I certainly don't do that
    So I struggle to answer this question...

but I can tell you some ways a man should never approach a woman and that's by being a **** like commenting all loud (or in a creepy whisper in my ear when Idk you like :listen:)...commenting about my tits or what you wanna do with your tongue or asking me casually to go to your place like 5 lines into discussion

The best way is to be in a conversation and then sliding in if she wants to continue it at a later time or elsewhere, and hoping she'll agree to meet you then/there.

One time and I think about it aaalll the time and it's been yyyyears! My mom contacted the sixth form I went to and asked them to make sure that I stayed for a tutoring session they had, each day, and to not let me leave unless they signed a pass so I could show her :rolleyes: Thankfully it was packed with people, but the ppl were like not in my social tier :talkhand:

However I did befriend a couple of people who helped me, particularly one dude who was like...not my type at all, and he was always nervous and fidgety around me but eased up when I was nice & made him feel safe :closedeyes: Mainly b/c he always helped me with my homework and shared his choco chips with me.

So one day...after I transferred to another school b/c I got sexted and fought this girl since her man wanted me & I took her best friend, I came back to the old school to visit some old mates I bumped into him and he just hugged me, "Dayum girl where you been?!" :jumphug:

And I just like...pushed him off me and loudly said, "you can't go hugging people like that! I didn't say you could hug me!" & he was like, "no remember me? " I was like "so what? Don't hug me! :mad:" and I walked away. My bestie at the time was like :lolwut: at me for doing it and looked quietly disappointed in me and I left the guy like :sad: and I think about it all the time!!!! :bawling: Like maybe I could've let him down gently?

But seriously if you like a girl, it doesn't matter, don't just grab a woman like I had just got out of a violent relationship and was very defensive with men especially. I've had male friends grab my tush playfully and I attacked the hell out of them in the face and they always go ":ahhhhh: sorry!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMightyP)
    Don't be shy be honest.

For now I think i'd just probably be like will you be my girlfriend etc cos like whatever I dont know hence why ive made the thread.
    I replied up above but I'm too arsed to edit my post & quote you there.

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than something full blown showy off style like asking me out in front of a million people or in a room covered in roses. That's too much and kinda cringy to me.

I like how my bf done it. He tried to play it cool and said his dad thought we were already going out and that he wanted to go out with me and then he blurted it out. Might not have been the smoothest asking out but we were young and it was cute to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like it when a guy tries to earn my friendship first, or at the very least... gets to know me a little better first. Hang out without defining what we are or what we should be. So that when we do start something, it's natural and real and I know it's based on real feelings/a genuine bond and not simpy lust/overexcitement/spur-of-the-moment fleeting emotions. Made too many mistakes and have too many regrets from being impulsive when I was younger. I'd rather not get ahead of myself for the wrong person. People aren't kind anymore and I don't recover from those blows easily.

Every guy I've been in a real relationship with started as the 'friends but not quite just friends' type, including my boyfriend. We were always deeply attracted to each other but we started off as friends for a few months. When he said, "we'll go as slow as you need" - won me over tbh. Fell for him hard. So I appreciate it more if the guy approaches me and asks me to hang out (with no labels like 'dating'), just enjoys my company and lets things happen of their own accord and fall into place. Cause I'm still a hopeless romantic tbh. Just a bit of a battered one. Obviously with the right chemistry and feelings blossoming, when something's gonna happen it's gonna happen. *Disney moment* :rolleyes: And then cue the bloody dating/'boyfriend' & 'girlfriend' labelling etc.
    Most girls aren't like this though. I'm a lot of work, too much for most people. But my boyfriend says 'I'm worth the fight'.

ReputationRep:
    You could always take them on a little date and then ask them? So it's not out the blue. Doesn't have to be all fancy and stuff just a nice day out, just the two of you getting to know eachother

Just dont one ask a girl "will you go out with me to ______" and assume she's your girlfriend because sometimes you end up having a boyfriend for a week and you didn't even know about it until he dumps you.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd want a guy to put a fake bloody ear in a box with a note that says: "Will you Gogh out with me?". That would be soo weird and funny

But that's just me. Old fashioned, asking me to my face would suffice as well

ReputationRep:
    I don't like 'will you go out with me/ will you be my girlfriend?'. I'd rather he kiss me, that's like an invite and if I kiss him back I'm accepting I've had three boyfriends in the past and none of them directly asked me out, instead while we spoke there was chemistry and we got on very well. However I don't mind getting directly asked out, I just don't think it'll be special lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.