Turn on thread page Beta

No matter how hard I work I will never achieve what I want watch

ReputationRep:
    I am just really fustrated today because I want to be a doctor because I would love to study medicine but the hard work I will have I will never be able to buy a house in centre of London I WILL NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO GIVE MY MUM WHAT I WANT. I want to have a really high salary because it hurts me to see my mum look at things and she can't afford them she says money won't make you happy but it can because you will be able to go on holidays do lots and lots of charity work. I don't think I want to do what I enjoy anymore because in the long term I will have no joy if I am not doing really well financially and have a guaranteed retirement and stuff. I know money does not matter but I can't help it i have this strong desire for having a good lifestyle.

I just hurts me because I want to give my mum the best things in life and if I can't afford them then i will be devestated because I am tired of hardworking people never becoming wealthy and those who are wealthy its because their family gives them money to start a business and they have property I am just sad because I can't afford them if i becoem a doctor i want to give the best my mum says she will be happy if we are healthy and she is happy with my love but i don't think she is she just says it so I will not stress but I just can't live with the fact that no matter what i do i will never give her what i want I will have to be an entrepeneur to do so but you need lots of money to invest ina business or property. Anya dvice please be kind i don't know who i am anymore this problem is drivign me crazy

ReputationRep:
    stop using your mum as an excuse. You want money, you work for it

ReputationRep:
    If you want money medicine isn't the route to go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlsmp)
    stop using your mum as an excuse. You want money, you work for it
    I am working for it ok I am learning Mandarin and French and might do spanish so i have more job oppourtunities ok and its not an excuse you have no idea how it feels when you want to provide someone something they want to provide for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    I am just really fustrated today because I want to be a doctor because I would love to study medicine but the hard work I will have I will never be able to buy a house in centre of London I WILL NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO GIVE MY MUM WHAT I WANT. I want to have a really high salary because it hurts me to see my mum look at things and she can't afford them she says money won't make you happy but it can because you will be able to go on holidays do lots and lots of charity work. I don't think I want to do what I enjoy anymore because in the long term I will have no joy if I am not doing really well financially and have a guaranteed retirement and stuff. I know money does not matter but I can't help it i have this strong desire for having a good lifestyle.

I just hurts me because I want to give my mum the best things in life and if I can't afford them then i will be devestated because I am tired of hardworking people never becoming wealthy and those who are wealthy its because their family gives them money to start a business and they have property I am just sad because I can't afford them if i becoem a doctor i want to give the best my mum says she will be happy if we are healthy and she is happy with my love but i don't think she is she just says it so I will not stress but I just can't live with the fact that no matter what i do i will never give her what i want I will have to be an entrepeneur to do so but you need lots of money to invest ina business or property. Anya dvice please be kind i don't know who i am anymore this problem is drivign me crazy
    When you realise that your saying you want to work extremely hard and even suffer, to earn a slightly more than average salary, for your mother, who says money isn't the key to happiness, you'll realise that you don't have to do what you plan to do. Trust me, if you compare yourself to others you will always find ways in which they have something that you don't. In the end, you will always find a way to be sad.

Stop being so single-sided and thinking that money will be the best thing, start appreciating and stop wanting
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Barely anyone can get a central London house, they can cost in the millions, money which can be better spent on nicer property out of London.
    If you re going into a career for the money you should not become a doctor at all or anything caring for that matter.
    Money does not always buy you happiness, you can afford plenty of nice things off a doctors salary including holidays and helping your mum every so often.

Money isn't everything.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't just go onto a course just because it can potentially lead to a prosperous career. That shows you lack any understanding and any real ambition for the course. Universities don't want people like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Barely anyone can get a central London house, they can cost in the millions, money which can be better spent on nicer property out of London.
    If you re going into a career for the money you should not become a doctor at all or anything caring for that matter.
    Money does not always buy you happiness, you can afford plenty of nice things off a doctors salary including holidays and helping your mum every so often.

Money isn't everything.
    Its just i don't want an ok job an alright salary I don't want to shop in zara or I don't want to live an average life I more I want to be able to walk into a good shop such as prada and buy what I want a walk out not worrying not buy to excess but have couple of nice stuff

ReputationRep:
    Just go into prostitution if you care so much about making money quick.

ReputationRep:
    Is OP a troll? Because you are either a troll or you lost connection with reality, no offense intended.

ReputationRep:
    Its just i don't want an ok job an alright salary I don't want to shop in zara or I don't want to live an average life I more I want to be able to walk into a good shop such as prada and buy what I want a walk out not worrying not buy to excess but have couple of nice stuff
    Average and the best shops are often pretty similar products aside from the price tags, except in the case of things like computers and stuff where the more expensive things normally are actually better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Just go into prostitution if you care so much about making money quick.
    I will only do decent things to earn money I will not do anything undecent
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    There's a big difference between Zara and Prada. To me life isn't about what you own but to you I d say think about a different career path as you re clearly concerned more about money than doing something that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    go get a job and you'll quickly learn how challenging making money is and then you will give up and be happy with your lot. Welcome to Life. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had the money to shop in Zara

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upagumtree)
    I wish I had the money to shop in Zara
    I wish I had the money to feed myself

ReputationRep:
    Is this the reason why their is so much critical coverage of the NHS and the terrible quality of service? Because of really dishonest reasoning whilst pursuing it as a career in the first place?

Whatever happened to earnest intent to serve the public? Not assume it to be a platform toward achieving financial stability.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Te346)
    I this the reason why their is so much critical coverage of the NHS and the terrible quality of service? Because of really dishonest reasoning whilst pursuing it as a career in the first place?

Whatever happened to earnest intent to serve the public? Not assume it to be a platform toward achieving financial stability.
    I would hope that anyone wanting to go into the nhs would do it because they care and that op is an exception to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Te346)
    Is this the reason why their is so much critical coverage of the NHS and the terrible quality of service? Because of really dishonest reasoning whilst pursuing it as a career in the first place?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  34.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    I will only do decent things to earn money I will not do anything undecent
    Well stop whinging then.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.