Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, so here's the deal:
    I worked hard for my GCSEs and got good grades but took the foot right off the gas for A level. I got A in English Language, C in History and E in Physics. I just finished my first year doing Music Technology at Leeds Beckett. Music has always been a passion of mine, but I didn't enjoy the course and had no motivation to do well so I did the bare minimum in that first year.

I've been told by so many people my entire life that I would be good at law, and I have a large interest in the subject. But at the time of deciding for uni I was still in this lazy, unmotivated state so I chose music tech, (no disrespect to anyone doing music tech).

I want to work hard and get my life back on track but I feel like it's too late as I got meh A levels and probably a 2.1 or 2.2 in my first year doing Music Tech, not an academic subject. My options are to continue Music Tech and forget this law idea, finish Music Tech and try and do a law conversion, or drop out, wait a year and try and get into a good law school with my not good A levels.

It's eating me up at the moment, I don't want to carry on doing a subject that doesn't push or motivate me, but I also don't want to commit to swapping to Law and end up at a uni that's not amazing and get a mediocre job based on the fact I flunked my exams.... can anyone offer some advice?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.