Turn on thread page Beta

What is the biggest problem you face in dating and relationships? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to find out what the most common problems people face in dating and relationships are. Both guys and girls can reply to this thread.

What problem(s) do you personally face in dating and relationships?

ReputationRep:
    greed. I thought a "girl" on some dating site liked me. Nope. She dragged on conversations and deferred meetings until it was clear that I was wasting money just to talk to her. Then I quit. (that "site" charged money for messages)
    That was around the same time a certain Cupid plc scam was running around the world wide web. Early 2013

ReputationRep:
    In dating, confidence probably as I'm very insecure about my looks & often feel inferior to other guys so I feel even if I were to put myself out there & made a move on one, they wouldn't really be interested & I don't want to feel all awkward if people laugh at me & stuff for thinking I had a chance. So as a result I don't properly go for it but try & make subtle hints instead :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeDirectWomen)
    I am looking to find out what the most common problems people face in dating and relationships are. Both guys and girls can reply to this thread.

What problem(s) do you personally face in dating and relationships?
    im in the best relationship I have been in we have no problems apart from when other boys try to talk to me, if its on facebook at a party,sithform if I get looked at and were out together, he is not controlling and lets me do whatever I want but this has always been a problem I all ways feel like its my fault but I don't reply and cant do anything about the situation at all. he also gets a bit narkey if I meet up with a few of my male friends, I know he trusts me a 100% he just finds it really difficult to react :rolleyes:

Having to let girls believe they are 'right' even if they are wrong so they can have their way

ReputationRep:
    biggest problem in relationships? the lack thereof

ReputationRep:
    Going to an all boys school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    Having to let girls believe they are 'right' even if they are wrong so they can have their way

This.

This s definitely the biggest problem men face in relationships. The problem with women is that they dont care about if they're right or wrong - all they care about is "how they feel". This complete disregard for reason and logic can often result in chaos.

For a man this is the biggest problem he can face when dealng with women, and is also the greatest test of character.

ReputationRep:
    Communication. Without a shadow of a doubt.

To understand that even the littlest things can be interpreted in 100 ways is the ultimate mind ****.

Once you can accept this however it gets easier.. as long as you're willing to learn how your partner thinks.

I've also learnt that everyone thinks differently and therefore a particular communication style which has always worked for you in the past, may not work with the next person you're with. Can be applied to any situation where you have to communicate with people tbh.

ReputationRep:
    My problem in dates and relationships is um... not getting any dates or relationships, mainly.

ReputationRep:
    One of the things I admire most about my current boyfriend is how he always lets me know when I'm wrong and can stand up for himself. I think the thing I find most difficult is giving him/us a fair chance and remaining positive, i.e. avoid being pessimistic and letting fear get in the way.

ReputationRep:
    The manipulative jabs, my girl would always find a way of getting back at me either by trying to make me feel inferior or feeling jealous.

Girls are not physical but they are cunning and strategize a revenge.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a relationship for the last 6 years and tbh we have had no major problems. If I had to choose what the worst or most difficult thing has been I would say is my mood swings. I get pissed off and defensive really easy at times and obviously no one wants to be around that. I'm not like that a lot but it sucks when it happens.

If I were to get into a new relationship I would imagine my anxiety/panic disorder would be the biggest problem as I do still get bad days and can barely function so a lot of people wouldn't understand that or would get frustrated by it. Luckily my current partner has always supported me and helped me on the road to get better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Defo last minute change of plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Racial stereotypes tbh. I am 3/4 black and I find that it is assumed that I am only interested in black boys and that I am instantly judged. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do find black boys attractive as do I find every other ethnicity as well.

ReputationRep:
    i like dating average looking girls because they get so flattered when a guy way out of there league shows interest in them

ReputationRep:
    what's a "relationship" or a "date"? Nope, never experienced them :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Getting absolute babes with brilliant personalities to want to go out with me and to indulge in unmentionable activities with me..
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Communication

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.