Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya!

So, I've never been to a book club/ reading group before but tomorrow I'm going to one at my local library. I really need to meet new people and make friends as I have just moved (country/area). I love reading do I figured it was best to start there. What should I expect? I can a bit awkward around people at times as battle with social anxiety. Got any advice?
    Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theclimb)
    Hi ya!

So, I've never been to a book club/ reading group before but tomorrow I'm going to one at my local library. I really need to meet new people and make friends as I have just moved (country/area). I love reading do I figured it was best to start there. What should I expect? I can a bit awkward around people at times as battle with social anxiety. Got any advice?
    Thanks for reading!

People are realĺy nice at book clubs.. generally really friendly people who go.
    I think youre gonna be fineee. Its what you would expect.. just talking about books you might recommend or read that you have enjoyed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya!

Thanks for reading!

People are realĺy nice at book clubs.. generally really friendly people who go.
    I think youre gonna be fineee. Its what you would expect.. just talking about books you might recommend or read that you have enjoyed. If you honestly really enjoy reading you will feel right at home and i am sure everyone there understands and will be nice.. because everyone was new once, right?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi ya!

Thanks for reading!
    Hope you enjoyed your first experience at a book club?

Incase you hadn't seen, last month we (Wordery.com) started running an online book club on here. Each month five students receive a book for free and write a review, which gets shared on the forum. We also love seeing everyones book suggestions as we create a new list of possible books each month - the book with the most votes from the five students goes out to all of them. We'll be posting Aprils reviews for Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig, next week and have just picked May's.

If you're interested in joining post on the forum and feel free to make any suggestions for books you'd love to review.

Sarah

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.