The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Hi, everyone i took my PE gcse today and i found it really hard! Did anyone else finder it harder or weirder than usual???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:
Reply 2
Yes I found it quite hard compared to all the past papers :/
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)
Original post by Alkus16
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:

our teacher said abut 75% as many people do well in the coursework? :smile:
I found I often was unsure what the examiners actually wanted us to write :/ and the last question...just...what? o.O
The whole paper was difficult compared to previous ones I think.
Reply 7
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
our teacher said abut 75% as many people do well in the coursework? :smile:

ok thank you:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by goharis123
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)

narcotics
Reply 9
Original post by goharis123

I put narcotic analgesics but i think that the right answer was peptide hormones although both seemed to have made sence!!
Reply 10
Original post by Alkus16
I put narcotic analgesics but i think that the right answer was peptide hormones although both seemed to have made sence!!

had to be narcotics, peptide hormones increase oxygen level but weight training is anaerobic exercise, so it's not needed
Reply 11
Original post by Shk
Hi, everyone i took my PE gcse today and i found it really hard! Did anyone else finder it harder or weirder than usual???

Yeah it was awful, I revised loads and i'm scared I am going to fail now:eek:
Reply 12
Does anybody do edexcel ICT?
Reply 13
Original post by MØRGS
had to be narcotics, peptide hormones increase oxygen level but weight training is anaerobic exercise, so it's not needed

But another type of peptide hormone is human growth hormone which increases muscle mass so that you can lift more
Reply 14
Original post by Alkus16
But another type of peptide hormone is human growth hormone which increases muscle mass so that you can lift more

yeah i put peptide hormones but i am not sure
Reply 15
Does anyone know what I would have to get on my theory to get an A if i got 45/50 on my practical/course work?
Reply 16
I put peptide hormones, because HGH (human growth hormone - which is a peptide hormone) promotes muscle growth.
Reply 17
Original post by Shk

I found it quite hard!
Reply 18
Original post by Katiead
Does anyone know what I would have to get on my theory to get an A if i got 45/50 on my practical/course work?

probably at least 55, but thats just a guess
Original post by Alkus16

But that's not on the specification, you only need to know EPO?

Quick Reply

Latest