The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Were u meant to put about better support of joints and the production of synovial fluid aiding flexibility
Reply 221
Peptide hormones as there are 2 types erythropoietin (epo) and human growth hormone (hgh).
The epo increases oxygen capacity of blood. Hgh increases strength and mass. Narcotics mask pain. So I think it was the peptide hormone.
Original post by Alkus16
I put narcotic analgesics but i think that the right answer was peptide hormones although both seemed to have made sence!!

Narcotic analgesics is about pain relief to ignore injury whereas peptide hormones (at least human growth hormone) is about increasing muscle mass which is obviously useful for a weightlifter
Original post by Alkus16
What did you write for why the gymnast needed reaction time one?:smile:

I put when landing from a jump but they would accept anything like recovering from a mistake or something
Original post by Bancp
Peptide hormones as there are 2 types erythropoietin (epo) and human growth hormone (hgh).
The epo increases oxygen capacity of blood. Hgh increases strength and mass. Narcotics mask pain. So I think it was the peptide hormone.

yep, it was definitely PEPTIDE HORMONES
Original post by Jumpy15m
Is there any chance of an A* going back down to 45/50? If not, what are your predictions?

Quite confident A* in the practical will either stay at 47 or move to 48.
A* in the exam I feel fairly certain will be about 63.
It's peptide hormones as HGH provides muscle growth
however HGH is a type of peptide hormone that promotes muscle growth
a bit but i revised
If anybody would like help with answers to questions etc, I did my PE exam and got a good grade, so happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh don't worry - I was acing theory all of last year getting A* and A*'s every time and I got a D on the theory paper - I did kinda go blank in the exam and was in year 10 so I'm re-taking this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liamkay
What were the 6 markers in the 2015 paper?

I remember one being on the effect of steroids. Like describe effects of steroids if a performer chooses to use it. For this I described the gains but also some negatives from steriods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _chloeematt
I remember one being on the effect of steroids. Like describe effects of steroids if a performer chooses to use it. For this I described the gains but also some negatives from steriods

Posted from TSR Mobile

what were the four markers?
Original post by cricketplyr
what were the four markers?

Umm from what I can remember that there was one on antagonistic pairs but to be fair thats all I remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the six marker on this paper?
Original post by Millie1999
What was the six marker on this paper?

The first one is evaluate the use of circuit training on a games player and the second one gives you three athletes: shot putter, hammer thrower and javelin (I think) and then asks you with reference to the skeletal and muscular system how a weight training programme would benefit them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _chloeematt
The first one is evaluate the use of circuit training on a games player and the second one gives you three athletes: shot putter, hammer thrower and javelin (I think) and then asks you with reference to the skeletal and muscular system how a weight training programme would benefit them

Posted from TSR Mobile

What could you put about the skeletal system and weight training???
Got any tips I'm doing this mock tomorrow and the mark scheme isn't up yet
Original post by Martdonn
Got any tips I'm doing this mock tomorrow and the mark scheme isn't up yet

Personally I dropped marks because I didn't explain everything properly so make sure you explain everything for the 4 markers

Good Luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureDietitian
What could you put about the skeletal system and weight training???

Increased bone density - there increased strength of bones and reduced risk of fractures

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest