Turn on thread page Beta

Female British Muslim AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing rude or offensive please

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever eaten bacon at any point in your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Have you ever eaten bacon at any point in your life?
    I believe this comes under the whole 'nothing rude or offensive' thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGurl)
    I believe this comes under the whole 'nothing rude or offensive' thing
    I hope you're not being serious.

You'd be the first Muslim I've asked to take offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    I hope you're not being serious.

You'd be the first Muslim I've asked to take offence.
    So people these days don't understand sarcasm? Either that or my sarcastic skills are getting worse :/

ReputationRep:
    Have you experienced racism directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would you say to the people who stereotype all Muslims as 'evil' and stuff?

(Before you say this is rude or whatever it's not soooo )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Have you experienced racism directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Um I'm not sure if this counts but once when I was in the local library I was with my little sister and we were just checking out books (well duh) and these two girls were pointing and sniggering at me (I was wearing hijab) but I'm not sure what they were laughing at so I just left it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riamila)
    What would you say to the people who stereotype all Muslims as 'evil' and stuff?

(Before you say this is rude or whatever it's not soooo )
    No, I wouldn't have said this was rude haha

Um well an answer to your question: I would just say that they need to open their eyes, do some more research and stop being ignorant morons because it's clearly not true because I have met so many different muslims with different cultures and they're all lovely. It's just the small minority that decide to terrorise in the name of Islam. (Just as a little warning- I do not mean to start a debate or anything, I'm just answering this question so haters, keep it to yourselves).

ReputationRep:
    Nothing rude or offensive please
    why do you think that so many (mainly white) people hold the idea that islam and feminism are incompatible?

do you think that many people feel that muslims should be apologetic or feel guilty for the actions of others who identify as muslims, for example the Islamic State or those who have sexually abused children? why or why not?

just wondering

No, I wouldn't have said this was rude haha

Um well an answer to your question: I would just say that they need to open their eyes, do some more research and stop being ignorant morons because it's clearly not true because I have met so many different muslims with different cultures and they're all lovely. It's just the small minority that decide to terrorise in the name of Islam. (Just as a little warning- I do not mean to start a debate or anything, I'm just answering this question so haters, keep it to yourselves).
    Oh good aha

I'm agnostic but I went to a mosque with my school once and it was such a lovely place, it irritates me so much when Muslims get hate so I can only imagine how frustrating it gets for yous

Good on you for staying true to what you believe in though

ReputationRep:
    SALAM ALEIKUM:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    why do you think that so many (mainly white) people hold the idea that islam and feminism are incompatible?

do you think that many people feel that muslims should be apologetic or feel guilty for the actions of others who identify as muslims, for example the Islamic State or those who have sexually abused children? why or why not?

just wondering
    I think people hold the view that islam and feminism are incompatible because they focus on the few areas in the qur'an where it states that men are 'superior' to women. They completely disregard the fact that in Islam men and women are equal but have different roles.

I do feel that people believe that muslims should apologise for the actions of islamic state because they use the word 'islamic' which promotes the idea that what they're doing is in the name of God and that they are doing the right thing which is completely wrong. People put the words islamic state and muslims together and then have the 'right' to demand apologies where it isn't due. If someone punched you, you'd want THEM to apologise, not their sister or their mother. It's the same thing with this whole controversy. We are not responsible for the minority that decide to be idiots and ruin the face of islam, they are.
    (I hope that wasn't too long or a little rambled :/)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riamila)
    Oh good aha

I'm agnostic but I went to a mosque with my school once and it was such a lovely place, it irritates me so much when Muslims get hate so I can only imagine how frustrating it gets for yous

Good on you for staying true to what you believe in though
    If you love the mosque, you should definitely visit it more and research about islam (NOT TRYING TO CONVERT YOU BTW, just saying haha) and thank you so much because you're not muslim and you understand that it's incredibly frustrating and irrirating :/
    Awe thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris11)
    SALAM ALEIKUM:beard:
    Walaikum asalam

ReputationRep:
    I think people hold the view that islam and feminism are incompatible because they focus on the few areas in the qur'an where it states that men are 'superior' to women. They completely disregard the fact that in Islam men and women are equal but have different roles.

I do feel that people believe that muslims should apologise for the actions of islamic state because they use the word 'islamic' which promotes the idea that what they're doing is in the name of God and that they are doing the right thing which is completely wrong. People put the words islamic state and muslims together and then have the 'right' to demand apologies where it isn't due. If someone punched you, you'd want THEM to apologise, not their sister or their mother. It's the same thing with this whole controversy. We are not responsible for the minority that decide to be idiots and ruin the face of islam, they are.
    (I hope that wasn't too long or a little rambled :/)
    if anything, too succinct

I kind of had it in my head that people from IS and those who abuse children etc. identify as muslims but do not follow islam in the same way that practically everyone else does; which I guess is what you said too.

I'm white and don't follow any religion, and hate it when I see people in mainstream media vilify muslims for things they haven't done.

regarding feminism; it's my mother's sentiment that muslims cannot be true (white?) feminists. I can't wait to leave home :')

thanks btw.

ReputationRep:
    if anything, too succinct

I kind of had it in my head that people from IS and those who abuse children etc. identify as muslims but do not follow islam in the same way that practically everyone else does; which I guess is what you said too.

I'm white and don't follow any religion, and hate it when I see people in mainstream media vilify muslims for things they haven't done.

regarding feminism; it's my mother's sentiment that muslims cannot be true (white?) feminists. I can't wait to leave home :'

thanks btw.
    No worries and don't listen to your mother, i know plenty muslim 'white' feminitsts haha

ReputationRep:
    No worries and don't listen to your mother, i know plenty muslim 'white' feminitsts haha
    never have done, never will.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not think that religious texts should be taken with a pinch of salt regarding cultural things like the roles of each gender. I realise it might be kind of an offensive idea, but as a Christian I have no problem with admitting the the Bible is quite contradictory and probably influence quite heavily by the culture it was written in...

ReputationRep:
    never have done, never will.
    hahahahah

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.