Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance last year, but didn't get the grades to go to uni, so decided to resit my exams and apply again. I assumed that the application for finance would be cancelled as I didn't register with the uni or anything.

I logged in today to make a new application (for a different uni) and it's saying that my loan for last year was approved, and that I've already started the course?? It says I have to contact the uni I first applied for but obviously they're probably going to have no idea who I am. Or I can apparently send in a form but it says that this will take up to six weeks, which obviously I don't have if the deadline is the 31st. (Also, I know I've left this a bit late :/ )

Should I ring up student finance and ask them to cancel the application from last year?

ReputationRep:
    Your planned uni will still have a record that you applied and they will have a record that you started the course, as this is where SF get that info. The uni needs to correct your student record, so you should phone their Admissions Office as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachrl03)
    I applied for student finance last year, but didn't get the grades to go to uni, so decided to resit my exams and apply again. I assumed that the application for finance would be cancelled as I didn't register with the uni or anything.

I logged in today to make a new application (for a different uni) and it's saying that my loan for last year was approved, and that I've already started the course?? It says I have to contact the uni I first applied for but obviously they're probably going to have no idea who I am. Or I can apparently send in a form but it says that this will take up to six weeks, which obviously I don't have if the deadline is the 31st. (Also, I know I've left this a bit late :/ )

Should I ring up student finance and ask them to cancel the application from last year?
    I would try that. You have to tell student finance yourself if you want an application cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I would try that. You have to tell student finance yourself if you want an application cancelled.
    Ok thank you, I will

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.