Turn on thread page Beta

When does first payment from student finance come through? watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I start uni in September and I assumed that the first payment of student loan/grant would come through on the first day of uni but I heard someone say they came through at the end of September? Is that right? I'll have no money at all until that comes through so I hope it comes through before that or I'll have no money for freshers :/

ReputationRep:
    There is't a set date for everyone, as it depends when your uni holds enrollment and how fast they are at processing that. It will come through sometime after you have formally enrolled, which is normally during Induction Week. The uni have to confirm the Student Finance that you have enrolled, then SF will release the money into your bank account, It can take days or even a week or two after enrollment before you get your money. You'll need to bring at least enough to live on for your first couple of weeks, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaudelaireLucky)
    I start uni in September and I assumed that the first payment of student loan/grant would come through on the first day of uni but I heard someone say they came through at the end of September? Is that right? I'll have no money at all until that comes through so I hope it comes through before that or I'll have no money for freshers :/
    It usually comes through 3-5 working days after you register at the university, so you need at least a couple of weeks worth of money for living costs so you don't run out. You can get an interest free overdraft with a student account which might help.

ReputationRep:
    Mine came in about half way through Freshers week but you can only get it once the Uni have confirmed your place on welcome sunday then they have to process it,

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.