Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, so I'm hoping to get an A in my Maths GCSE (edexcel). I have managed to get A's in mocks but I need to retain that for the exam. Any tips and tricks on how to secure that A or A*? (by the way, I try and do as much past paper questions as I can). I have trouble remembering all the circle theorems and Vector rules, so any tips on remembering them?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    what do you usually get in mocks mark wise?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Try this website
    Bland.in
    Click edexcel
    And you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when you see it! It's amazing!!
    Check now!
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivekJ555)
    Hi!
    Try this website
    Bland.in
    Click edexcel
    Check now!
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't believe I didn't know about this before. This is great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim24)
    what do you usually get in mocks mark wise?
    Depends. Sometimes i get about 80 on one and 65-70 on the other. On average, I usually do better on the calculator. so on average id say between 65 and 70 per paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivekJ555)
    Hi!
    Try this website
    Bland.in
    Click edexcel
    Check now!
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much. This website is great and will really help, I appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by san_28)
    Hello everyone, so I'm hoping to get an A in my Maths GCSE (edexcel). I have managed to get A's in mocks but I need to retain that for the exam. Any tips and tricks on how to secure that A or A*? (by the way, I try and do as much past paper questions as I can). I have trouble remembering all the circle theorems and Vector rules, so any tips on remembering them?
    Thank you.
    Make sure you understand all the topics - youtube videos help and feel free to pm me if you want me to go through anything
    Practice Practice Practice! - Crobett maths is really good - try their five a day it'll help you not to forget/ avoid any topics and also helps to highlight some of your worse areas - my maths and bland.in are good (like someone up there has said )
    Finally just all the past papers you can get you're hand on...

ReputationRep:
    Also... I've also memorised this song which might help with the circle theorems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z22r33FCs4

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* for maths last year on the edexcel board
    Learn your stuff, if you know your stuff, there's nothing they'll ask that you don't know

The absolute key is practice practice practice
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loads of past papers!! It's time consuming, but does the trick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    visit these websites might help you more...
    http://www.mathsrevision.net/
    http://www.themathsteacher.com/gcse_maths.php
    HOPE THIS HELPS

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    Past Papers are your best friend for this season. Another good thing to use is Maths Watch, buy a CD or download the app and get your school to buy a subscription for you (I know a friend who got his maths teacher to pay for the Subscription to the app) MathsWatch is the most wonderful maths revision material ever, it is quite useful and I've been revising with it and I've managed to understand everything within the C grade section of the Maths paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    depends when it is - ifyou have enough time go through your textbook and make notes on the key things and then literally just keep on doing past papers.
    the best way to do well at maths is to just keep practicing...good lucK!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should continue revising industriously as it will definitely benefit you later. There is nothing that will stop you from getting that A* if you practice constantly. You can also follow this thread which I'll be posting continously exam styed questions on and hopefully post model answers too. It will help others conquer their difficulties before and during the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Got an A last year at GCSE Maths. I Assure you, the best thing you can do is past paper after past paper after past paper. They are incredibly useful!
    I think i did pretty much every past paper available and i don't regret it!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    Past papers, past papers, past papers! Mark them yourself as you can see where the marks are awarded... Seems boring I know but it does the trick☺️

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.